What have you done to your 5th Gen Civic Today?

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yessir! Good eye ;) as you read, that is in-fact a Z6 intake :thumbup:

As far as the valve seals go, I'm not even gonna lie, I had the machine shop replace them when it was in getting resurfaced and 3 angle valve job done. Previously though, I don't remember ever having trouble changing them. Now changing them on a Z6, that's a mofo, even with "specialty tools"

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, and today I repainted the wiper arms. After years of daily driving, the paint has chipped off pretty badly. This is, of course, the point of the thread!
Yes it is ;)

Did a wire tuck on my hatch on the inside still have alil bit to go will finish her up tomorrow looks soo much better..

Keller

I punched mine several times got it towed home and confermined my fears blown motor.... Bright side it gives me reason to go b series =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sucks about the blown motor, but glad you're going to rebuild! What B you looking to do? B18, B16, B20?

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suck's about the motor onto bigger better thing's =)

finished my wire tuck

Before

During

After

Keller

Well I found a d16z6 but I said screw it I found a integra with a b18b so b swap here I come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been doing lil things here and there till I get my seats here's another.....Plugged up my keyhole on my hatch

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
visited a Pick N Pull on Labor Day, found a braided stainless clutch line! The car's engine was already pulled, yet that little gem was still hooked between the hardline and the slave cylinder. I guess whoever pulled the engine/trans didn't recognize that part for an aftermarket piece.
So, looks like I'll be installing that this weekend.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been driving it around some.. It failed emissions a little while ago. Did a much needed tune up(oil change, spark plugs, PCV, and Seafoam). Took it in for a retest the other day and it passed. Just realized that I've only put about 2k miles on it this year so far.. I miss driving it more often. Just don't miss the horribly stiff suspension on these roads...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. I havent touched mine :what:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, at some point there's either not anything else to do (the dream) or not enough money to do it (my reality)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, installed the braided clutch line today (no pics because engine bay's filthy). Replaced passenger front fender liner, and new positive battery cable. Have some replacement door cards for the front (my originals have started cracking along the top edge of the vinyl) that I'm cleaning up, and will HOPEFULLY replace tomorrow.
Kinda nervous about installing, though. My current door panels have tweeters already installed, and looks like I'll have to take a holesaw to the replacements if I want to keep the tweets.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty sure im selling mine...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, got the new door panels installed. now, no more cracked vinyl! Honda is SO awesome with the panels. I originally thought I'd have to measure the old panel's tweeter opening and transfer to the new panel, but turns out there's a VERY small molded line as a cut guide. just used a sharpie to outline it (on the inside), and a holesaw and dremel to cut it out.
Now, just need to replace carpet, replace trunk's sparetire cover, finish assembling my mini-me....

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got tired of my black gt3's so did something alil diff.. I was thinking of leaving the lip polished just sanding it some more and hitting it up with mother's billet and painting the spoke's white.. but the bare metal is kinda growing on me might just throw a coat of clear over that. what to do what to do I'll sleep on it =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked it up from the shop. Oh yeah right, like YOU were gonna press in your own wheel bearings lol