What have you done to your 5th Gen Civic Today?

AnimeKid

Installed a new shift boot yesterday and installed a new cup holder today. Waiting on my new coilovers cant wait to install them.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Took and got my windows tinted this morning and washed the car,

about 3 months ago, mugen replica lip, oem mudflaps and full amber corner (no more half and half BS) also put in some AAP fogs to help out my headlights.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took and got my windows tinted this morning and washed the car,

about 3 months ago, mugen replica lip, oem mudflaps and full amber corner (no more half and half BS) also put in some AAP fogs to help out my headlights.
Welcome back!! Post up some pics of the mods. What percent tint did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it hard to replace?

Sent From EVO LTE
Not at all. 32mm for the axle nut, 17mm for the lower ball joint and strut fork.

Loosen the axle nut BEFORE you Jack up the car and take the wheel off. You'll probably need a pretty beefy breaker bar, or, just use your jack handle on your ratchet/breaker bar.

Once you get the axle nut off, go ahead and break the wheel nuts loose, then jack up the car and support it properly.

Remove the wheel and tap the axle into the hub a bit, you won't be able to push it all the way through, you just want to loosen it.

Next, remove the cotter pin and castle nut from the lower ball joint and give the lower control arm a good whack with a BFH, the pressure of the suspension will pop them apart, no need for a pickle fork :thumbup: (CAUTION! MAKE SURE NOT TO HIT THE BALL JOINT. IF YOU BOOGER UP THE THREADS, YOU'RE SCREWED, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.)

Next, remove the through bolt from the strut fork that goes through the lower control arm.

Pull the control arm down and move the fork to either side. One side is better than the other, but I don't remember which way to go.

Now push the axle the rest of the way out of the hub while holding the knuckle/hub /rotor/caliper assembly out of the way. Drop the axle shaft down through the strut fork and move under the car.

Place a pan or some rags under the tranny where the axle goes in.

Using a small prybar or beefy flat head, pop the axle out of the tranny.

Axle is out, time to resemble.

(now is a perfect opportunity to replace your axle seal, just sayin )

Slide the new axle into the tranny until it stops, don't try to seat it just yet, you might tear the boot.

Back out from under the car, use a bungee or have a helper hold the knuckle assembly out of the way. Get the axle as straight as possible. Put the OLD axle nut on the new axle, but leave a few threads unthreaded. Give it a good whack with a hammer until you feel it pop into the tranny and seat completely. Double check that there are no gaps between the axle joint and tranny.

Line the axle up with the hub but make sure you put the strut fork back over the axle first, slide the axle into the hub and put the ball joint shaft back into place in the lower control arm. Replace the castle nut, tighten and replace the cotter pin.

Line the strut fork back up and put the nut and bolt back, tighten up.

Put the new axle nut on hand tight, put the wheel back on, and tighten the wheel nuts. Put the car back down, yank the s**t out of the parking brake, and tighten the axle nut. Jack the car back up take the wheel back off and stake the axle nut. Replace wheel, tighten, lower.

Congratulations. You just replaced your axle :thumbup:

(don't forget to top off your tranny fluid)

Tapatalk2 T-Mobile Galaxy S3

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Didn't do anything to any of my 5th gen's, but did add another to my list. Winter build here i come!

csuhre

95 Civic Hatch Guy
put a cat back exhaust and a cold air intake on until i find what i want to swap into it....

csuhre

95 Civic Hatch Guy
Damn snow already up there?
(To AlaskaB16) Nice... Like the collection going on Stayin tru to the Honda Fam. im loooking for a little bit of a winter build myself but im looking for a motor to start to Build Over the winter..

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome back!! Post up some pics of the mods. What percent tint did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got 35% all the way around with 5 on the strip on the windscreen, ill post some pics in a few day, im going back to the same shop once i get payed on the 7th to get the body lines taken off and have it fully detailed, ill post some pics then and probably update my sig if i can remeber the site i used to make it in the first place.

also selling my toyota truck and getting my MR2 running and on the road again, and if theres any cash left over from that i might do a projecter retro, and/or suspension, cause theres a local guy upgrading to different coilovers and he;s ganna sell me his skunk2's for 200 plus im getting gold 15" rota flashbacks from a guy i work with when he orders his slipstreams

so we'll see how things pan out.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
STILL cleaning off the remnants of old valve seals from my z6 head. Have exhaust side all cleaned up, now to finish the intake side. Also finished cleaning up the intake manifold and started reassembling the intake (brackets, fuel rail, injectors, injector seals) and replaced spark tube seals on inside of the valve cover. Those were a b**** to remove and reinstall (20 year old seals)