What RPM are you shifting at?

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
10k?? holy s**t, on a stock single cam? i would doubt that dude..

My b18a1, normally 2500. I dont know where the rev limiter is on the motor, it was previously boosted so it could be higher, but i hit 7k for the first time the other night in 1st, but it sounded close to the limiter.. idk though, maybe ill have to try in 2nd or 3rd and see lol

Ryanrpm

I would think shifting at 1500rpm would take me 30 minutes to get to a safe speed on the highway.

I do commend the MPG, however being that a fairly stock y8 (header, intake, exhaust) is slow to begin with.. I can't imagine driving it even slower.
Takes me maybe a minute to get to full highway speed. People behind me hate it though. At 2500 rpm I'm cruising at about 63-65 mph. 2700 rpm puts me over 75mph.

ekcoupe98

2000 si
JDM B20B
Stock Internals
Daily driving: 2k-4k
punching it:6k-7k

rayej8

5+ Year Member
If i remember correctly on single cams redline is like 7k isn't it? rev limiter is right after that?
that is true with the stock p2p obd2 ecu but my ecu went bad and now on my y8 i have a p28 chipped with no rev limit so i can gun it its not lik i do it all the time its jus wen i feel lik its the right time to do it den ill push it my vtec kiks from 5000-9100 :lol:

McHensley12

d16y7 automatic :(

Buying a decently clean car with little rust for 3500 in maine is like finding someone who actually can point out maine on a map... maybe two or so of a thousand people? haha.

Anyways, though i couldn't find a decent 5spd when I bought my car I let my foot off the gas to let the car shift. If Im really going for gas mileage i let off at 2500-3000 or so assuming its flat. otherwise..... well, its an automatic :cry:

96skuter

^^^ lol On my 96 I shift at 2500-3000 just to save gas but when I need to hurry up cuz I'm gonna be late I'm shifting at 5000-6000 somewhere around I don't really look alot at my RPM's ohh stock everythang d16...

On my 05 RSX when cruzin I shift at 3000-3500 most of the time or slower just to save me some gas, when I need to do a quick get away shifting at 6500-7200 just before the limit just cuz that's how I do it lol, if u ain't shifting high u ain't driving!!!!

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ohh I call bs on the guy shifting 10k gtfo lol
there are plenty of builds that rev that high, my brothers hatch could rev that high, just pointless if it doesnt make power that high. my lsvtec will probably see 9k when its done, with my ls i shifted around 3 just cruising around town, when i wanted to get on it or race it was at 7ish

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
700, from park to drive. Lol autotragic

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk