whats rice about neon underbody lights?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think they look good at night. are they only considered rice cuz they were used in the fast and the furious?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they serve no purpose, and are a complete waste of money, and PLUS if your car is low and you go over bumps they will break, dude just save your money for some performance upgrade or maintenance...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they only considered rice cuz they were used in the fast and the furious?
pretty much yea, but i rocked the hell out of them for about 6 months. untill i had forgotten to tell my buddy at a shop they were on. got put on a lift, and cruched the sides. so i took em off.

fun while i had them, but no desire to have them back

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have in car neon... under the seats wired to a switch in the dash though. I think it looks good. I'm not really a fan of neon outside of the car though.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
attracts the pd= bad not rice

ej8eli

EJ8Squad member: #422
5+ Year Member
because it draws unnecessary attention to your car and it's a complete waste of money (as stated before). it serves no purpose other than to light up the ground below you and it looks hella cheezy, IMO

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
because it draws unnecessary attention to your car and it's a complete waste of money (as stated before). it serves no purpose other than to light up the ground below you and it looks hella cheezy, IMO
thats like saying HID's are a waste of money and theyre not rice

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how about... they just don't look good

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wont ever rock underbody neon but if thats what the guy likes then more power to him

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But...HID's do serve a purpose.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats like saying HID's are a waste of money and theyre not rice
Except that HIDs could actually serve a functional purpose. Granted most are not installed correctly.

Neon underbody light kits are considered rice because they're non-functional and flashy (which can often be considered gaudy).

They do stand a high probability of breaking, even if you don't put them on a lift or hit a bump. Rocks from normal driving can also blow them out.

Many of the colors are illegal no matter how they're displayed (blue and strobing ones, for example). Red is illegal up front. Green could also be deemed illegal since it's also used by law enforcement. White would be illegal in the back (and possibly sides, I'd have to check).

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because the only purpose they serve is to satisfy your inner-attention whore.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They look like s**t because half the retards that put them on ghetto rig it and have wires hanging off the sides of their car. Downgrade IMO.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i think they look good at night. are they only considered rice cuz they were used in the fast and the furious?

another hopeless ricer :???:

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had them at one time lol.

You should buy them if you want them, the girls liked them alot lol. Of course it does not serve a purpose, but neither do the lip, red stiched accessories, red/clear tail lights, and so on that we put on our "clean" rides.

My point: if you listen to the majority, you are going to get f**ked

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had them at one time lol.

You should buy them if you want them, the girls liked them alot lol. Of course it does not serve a purpose, but neither do the lip, red stiched accessories, red/clear tail lights, and so on that we put on our "clean" rides.

My point: if you listen to the majority, you are going to get f**ked
How exactly did you show that if you listen to the majority (which on this site means you don't put the neon lights on) would lead the OP or anyone else to "get f**ked"?