Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
:werd:

why is everyone saying motor swap..

build the internals and boost at 10 pounds and you are already killin srt'4s

you can piece a very nice setup for 1500.. hell 1000 if your lucky.
s**t w/ the amount he was talking about spending he could do a complete head job, complete bottom job, and a hell of a big turbo system and walk the living s**t outta most cars on the street, give me the ten grand and i'll show ya what b16 can do ;)

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am with you two. Dude just build and boost the b16 you will be able to take most (meaning not everything) anything (stock) if you can get traction.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for my 2cents, i'd say yeah stick with the b16 and do it right for the money. you'll have plenty to spare and make it a reliable daily. find some people who've mastered tuning the b16... you know do everything right.

a k20 would be sick... but thats if were talking your gonna spend 12 grand cause its chump change...

if your getting a loan or something. stick to the b16. it CAN take an srt.. anything can.... just... its an uphill climb... cause.... well.... once they mod you gotta mod x2....

when can we start swaping this rdx turbo motor? =)

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your going to get tons of different opinions about this but if it was me i would get the b20 block, resleeve it. Keep your b16 head and tranny and build that. boost it. then walk all over that srt. but thats just what i would do. i mean the k20 would be sick, no doubt. but i think its too much dime for what you get. i would just boost a b series for that kind of coin.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My dream setup would be, h23 block, h22 head, f22 or h22 transmission, kinda hooked on the f22 tranny for some reason. H23 can handle mad boost.

Ion22

5+ Year Member
I saw on honda-tech a guy had a 600whp b16 with a stock block I dont know where it is now but I can sware I reamber seeing it. If not bulid the B16 up FULLY or Bulid a B20/B16 All the way up and you will KILL THEM

God I hate Srt4's To many and they think they are so godly b/c they have a turbo stock GRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry just hate them

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ion22 said:
God I hate Srt4's To many and they think they are so godly b/c they have a turbo stock GRRRRRRRRRR
Just call it a neon. They hate that :lol:

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ion22 said:
I saw on honda-tech a guy had a 600whp b16 with a stock block I dont know where it is now but I can sware I reamber seeing it. If not bulid the B16 up FULLY or Bulid a B20/B16 All the way up and you will KILL THEM

Sorry just hate them

Ask revolver, he can tell you the max for any honda stock block.

maxum17ft

5+ Year Member
u wanna see what a BONE stock b16 turbo can do? my myspace videos on my main page, top video. beat that srt soooo bad it wasnt funny, and i was on 3 cylenders.

and the second vid is of me at the track on stock b16 turbo at 10.5psi, vs a 500whp srt, he ran a 15.5 cause of no traction =)

http://www.myspace.com/uberguber_pete

now im built, i wont even waste the gas to race a srt with my b16

not only that but BEFORE i built the motor, i was runnin 12psi, i beat a evo8 modded on the street, a cobra, a 300zxtt, and a really modded gsx.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maxum17ft said:
u wanna see what a BONE stock b16 turbo can do? my myspace videos on my main page, top video. beat that srt soooo bad it wasnt funny, and i was on 3 cylenders.

and the second vid is of me at the track on stock b16 turbo at 10.5psi, vs a 500whp srt, he ran a 15.5 cause of no traction =)

http://www.myspace.com/uberguber_pete

now im built, i wont even waste the gas to race a srt with my b16

not only that but BEFORE i built the motor, i was runnin 12psi, i beat a evo8 modded on the street, a cobra, a 300zxtt, and a really modded gsx.

Dude what the f**k you got in that civic. So let's scratch the whole swap idea and let's build a killer b16 which is what I currently have.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brian Spilner said:
with $12,000 you better hope your car runs damn close to 10's....or ill f**king laugh at you rich boi's

If i were going to spend $12,000 on a honda tho the block would be a dart block and everything would be done right.

werd! and i wouldnt need a turbo. a done right all motor for 12 grand should run 9s easy

ryanM

i have a completely rebuilt T3/T4 hybrid turbo with only 2 hours of runtime. 250 shipped LMK :P

maxum17ft

5+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
Dude what the f**k you got in that civic. So let's scratch the whole swap idea and let's build a killer b16 which is what I currently have.

lol, its a stock motor in them videos runnin on only 3 cylinders. its a decent turbo kit that i put together for under 1800 bucks. i just recently had a bright idea to push 13psi(only tuned to 11psi) on my stock motor and it went BOOM, cracked all my ringlands bad, so now i put cp pistons, eagle rods, new bearings, arp studs, hondata im gasket, and gsr cams in her. that cost me 1100 to build the motor.

so for under 3 grand and the price of other mods and the car i have something that is toasting just about anything i can pick on and reliably, AND without swapping the motor!

in the one vid, with the srt4 vs me in the daytime, by the time i let off he was 6 cars behind me. and remember, i was only on 3 cylinders.

keep your b16.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is an interesting thread

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ill agree with most of the people here, just boost the b16. Ive seen videos of B16's pushin 600+whp and holdin up just fine.

You'll also need to consider traction though, theres no point in pushing 600+whp if you cant get it to the ground. Remember that. Just like that srt4 at the track, 500whp, and ran a 15.5. My h22 should run a 15.5 @ 6200ft (altitude). I think you can build a b16 block for $1500-$1800 (after machine work/labor), and the head for probably another $1500-$1800 in labor and parts (if you do larger intake/exhaust ports, machine the head, 3-5 angle valve job, valves, retainers, springs, cams, yadda yadda) Then piece together a nice turbo kit, and get it tuned to 12-14psi and youre set. Total build shouldnt be more then $5000, including axles, and a clutch/flywheel to handle it.

PRICES ARE ON THE HIGH SIDE, just sayin that you can build a b16 to be a hell of alot faster then a k20, even if you do ALL the most exspensive parts.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I mean, unless you're going to go pro. Why the f**k would you want to push 500-600hp in a honda ? :???: If you were gonna go pro then you would need to push more than 600whp and if would cost a s**t load. I don't know, I'm f**kin baked right now and just thinking of s**t