Which Honda Engine Enjoys Boost?

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
Okay I'm seriously doing my research and I think the best bet for a EM1 to be somewhat lethal would be to do k20 swap and slap a turbo kit on it with 15 psi.

However, I'm reading alot that GSR's are the way to go with high psi's.

I'm just looking to take out a few SRT's by where I live their rain has to come to a halt.
Go with a k24 block with a k20z head, then turbo. The k24 can handle the pressure im sure, the K block is fairly strong, but you can get alot more out of a B with the same amount of cash your talking about man.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
El PresidenteLX said:
your going to get tons of different opinions about this but if it was me i would get the b20 block, resleeve it. Keep your b16 head and tranny and build that. boost it. then walk all over that srt. but thats just what i would do. i mean the k20 would be sick, no doubt. but i think its too much dime for what you get. i would just boost a b series for that kind of coin.
werd

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maxum17ft said:
lol, its a stock motor in them videos runnin on only 3 cylinders. its a decent turbo kit that i put together for under 1800 bucks. i just recently had a bright idea to push 13psi(only tuned to 11psi) on my stock motor and it went BOOM, cracked all my ringlands bad, so now i put cp pistons, eagle rods, new bearings, arp studs, hondata im gasket, and gsr cams in her. that cost me 1100 to build the motor.

so for under 3 grand and the price of other mods and the car i have something that is toasting just about anything i can pick on and reliably, AND without swapping the motor!

in the one vid, with the srt4 vs me in the daytime, by the time i let off he was 6 cars behind me. and remember, i was only on 3 cylinders.

keep your b16.
Sounds great this cp pistons, eagle rods, new bearings, arp studs, hondata im gasket, and gsr cams build but could you point out what are CP Pistons. Shouldn't I consider low comp forged pistons from JE Racing.

maxum17ft

5+ Year Member
cp pistons are low compression forged pistons. they come in 9:1 and 10.5:1 i think, i have the 9:1 compression.

some say cp pistons are the best, hence why i went with them, only complaint i ever heard with je's is their rings are junk and it will burn a lot of oil. i got my cp's for 470 shipped with rings off of a business on h-t.com

im pushing 15psi now, and lemme tell ya, its friggin nuts

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maxum17ft said:
cp pistons are low compression forged pistons. they come in 9:1 and 10.5:1 i think, i have the 9:1 compression.

some say cp pistons are the best, hence why i went with them, only complaint i ever heard with je's is their rings are junk and it will burn a lot of oil. i got my cp's for 470 shipped with rings off of a business on h-t.com

I appreciate your recommendations and I will definitely look into a rebuild and most importantly some cp pistons 9:1 of course. Jesus F-ing Christ 15 psi what that must be like.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey I was thinking instead of rebuilding my stock block that has 125+k's why not invest in a dart block and add all the internals with the safety of a fresh strong block as dart has there reputation of being one of the strongest or probably the strongest block on the market.,

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy has some pistons for sale, nice ones at that ;)

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maxum17ft said:

I saw that thread about the FS: JE 9:1 Pistons FS but I thought about what maxum17ft mentioned in the above thread.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would prolly build the s**t out a GSR & boost the hell out of it.. oh yeah thats right.. I did =). modded SRT's get left on my bus lenths

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
I saw that thread about the FS: JE 9:1 Pistons FS but I thought about what maxum17ft mentioned in the above thread.
if its gsr, je doersnt make 9:1.. its 8.8:1 & thats what i got

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you dont need to swpa s**t. for the 12 grand you were going to spend on a swap you can build the s**t out of your motor, boost it, and stomp the s**t out of SRT's, k20's, the list goes on and on. take 10 grand and throw that into the motor you have now, spend the other 2 grand on the turbo and tuning. and you can easily have a 600 hp b16. of course youd have to forget about any possibility of it still being a DD

maxum17ft

5+ Year Member
for 10 grand on a b16, u would kill almost anything, vipers, srt10s, vette c6's, any import except maybe like ams's evo 9.

i have beaten everything i have raced so far, i know im only like 350-400whp, but still, u gotta realize, most of the cars your racing are atleast a thousand pounds heavier.

i just went to the track yesterday btw and i ran a 12.9 @ 116 on 14-15psi, this was on street tires and throttle feathering through 1st and 2nd. now im back at college and my professor wants to know wtf is in this little 1.6l civic, lol, i told him for 10 points on my grade i'll take him around the area, and he actually said he gonna let me know. build the b16, and get a good tune, and you'd be really suprised how much power a 99 cubic inch motor can put out, i know i was, and still am, it almost doesnt seem possible.

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
El PresidenteLX said:
your going to get tons of different opinions about this but if it was me i would get the b20 block, resleeve it. Keep your b16 head and tranny and build that. boost it. then walk all over that srt. but thats just what i would do. i mean the k20 would be sick, no doubt. but i think its too much dime for what you get. i would just boost a b series for that kind of coin.
exactly... $4000-$5000 will make you a very nice custom turbo setup. that leaves you $8000-$7000. find a bare b20 or b18 block and sleeve it, pistons, rods, headstuds, balance... $3000 max. youll be able to make some serious horsepower with a block like that. $5000-$4000 left. after you build it you can sell the old b16 block. build the head if you want but you def wont need that for a srt4

plus with high horsepower like that you need traction to really use it. defently a quaife or another nice LSD. suspension is gonna be needed as well

but theres no denying a k swap with a turbo would be badass