honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
um....since when did AEM start making intake manifolds? have i been living in a cave?
none that i've seen and i just searched their site.

paagle

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
um....since when did AEM start making intake manifolds? have i been living in a cave?

They didn't...that was a typo ;) ..it should have been AEBS.....but since the thread was about pistons and rods, i didnt think it made a difference. Thanks for pointing it out...you havent been living in a cave....im just not so picky about every detail unless it is about the subject i am talking about... =)

paagle said:
They didn't...that was a typo ;) ..it should have been AEBS.....but since the thread was about pistons and rods, i didnt think it made a difference. Thanks for pointing it out...you havent been living in a cave....im just not so picky about every detail unless it is about the subject i am talking about... =)
well i am :P

HoNdAtEc2042

Look what i can do!!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
none that i've seen and i just searched their site.

I LOVE that pic in your sig, tom

paagle

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi Guys, thought I would come back on and post up an update of what has been going on with this if you are still interested. I have changed my mind about what I want to do from chatting to people on CC and decided to go the Turbo route. I bought a T3/T04 turbo and as a result had to upgrade a few other internals. Other items that have been on my shopping list:

255HP Walbro fuel pump
550CC injectors
Apexi AVCR Boost controller
Greddy EGT, Oil Pressure Fuel Pressure Guages
Quaife LSD
Uberdata ECU setup.
A few other cosmetic things i.e. Skunk2 quickshifter and gearknob, new dashbard pod mount for the gauges etc

The car has gone off to have the work done on it and the engine is currently being machined. It will also get the sump baffled as well as brass rails. New stainless steel valves will also be put in. I have specified that the block to be race tuned and that also will get me a port polish, slight rebore for the bigger pistons and it will be gas flowed amongt other things.

I have been told that if i run this on high boost i am looking at a 450-500HP setup which is way more than I was looking at but hey it will be fun trying to learn to control all that power on a FWD!!!

paagle

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah forgot to mention, thanks to the advice of some CC members, I am getting the block sleeved as well as the crank shot peened. Thats should cover pretty much all the engine work other than the essentials. A new high pressure oil pump is going in as well a fuel regulator. Theres so much going on i cant even remember a lot of it !!

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds sweet. I'm glad to hear that the work has begun. Now's the long silence before the storm...hehe. :twisted: Good luck on it. And good choice on the Quaife ATB.

paagle

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello again guys... It's been a while but as Tommy said, this was the silence before the storm. The engine is nearly complete and I have put together a little site to show the progress of what has been going on. If you are still interested, you can have a look and see what you think. Lots of pictures to see!

Have a look at Stage III to see the latest!

View site here

Most of the work has been done with only a few more things to go. I will continue to update the page as and when updates are available for all of y'all to see.

Enjoy!

Hopefully the completion is no more than a week or so away....can't wait!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Im glad you didnt go with the Skunk 2 Stage 3 Cams and got the Turbo cams. i visited the site and your car looks great.

Also to get your car someo more attention I suggest you start a new thread in 6th Gen about your car and post the pictures there.

So Im gonna go ahead and close this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.