Why do you hate Apple so much?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
takes some soldering to fix it, just like the RROD.

Wish I could figure out how to solder my bricked Ipod lol

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno even MS couldn't fix mine..........

I will admit I like apple more when they weren't so uber big, i worry they will keep getting bigger...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reason #378,832 why I am no longer a microsoft guy
-Was helping my boss with Microsoft Word yesterday... because the f**king thing kept auto-formatting, and literally wouldn't let him type in a particular space because of what Microsoft "thought" we wanted. Word decided to impose its will on us and not allow us to type in that menacing blank space that we REALLY wanted to type in.

After a while of f**king with the margins and various other options, I was able to trick the damn program into letting me type where I wanted to type. TextEdit for mac may be a simpler program, but it doesn't f**k with you when you're trying to type; assuming it knows what I want to do with the document. It brought back painful memories of Word's autoformat foiling my plans repeatedly in the past.
Tools > Autocorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type and take out the check marks for the "Apply As You Type", "Replace As You Type" and "Automatically As You Type"

or

Format > Autoformat > Options > Autoformat > Decheck everything.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dunno even MS couldn't fix mine..........

I will admit I like apple more when they weren't so uber big, i worry they will keep getting bigger...
Oh, they will, and they will run directly into the same problems Microsoft had in the 90s.

I wonder what Apples worth will be when their trendiness fades, or someone comes out with information that Apple isn't as great of a company as it likes to make you believe.

Last edited:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't care really, I like the product I'll buy, as soon as that changes I will change.

I like pussy, PC owners like d**k :lol:

Seriously though I don't know what the big deal is, to each his own.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd like to think Apple people suck dicks, and PC users like pussy :lol:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to think Apple people suck dicks, and PC users like pussy :lol:
You'd like to but it'd just be another fantasy :D

I have pondered building a Linux box before though, but i may not be geek enough for that.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
poorly written article is poorly written.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://cnn-cnet.com.com/8301-27080_3-10438313-245.html?part=cnn-cnet&tag=feed_2574&subj=news

http://www.macworld.com/article/57616/2007/04/daizovi.html
Contest winner: Vista more secure than Mac OS
From your research on both platforms, is there a winner between Mac OS X 10.4 and Vista on security?

I have found the code quality, at least in terms of security, to be much better overall in Vista than Mac OS X 10.4. It is obvious from observing affected components in security patches that Microsoft’s Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) has resulted in fewer vulnerabilities in newly-written code. I hope that more software vendors follow their lead in developing proactive software security development methodologies.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/analysis/1590073/apple-mac-os-x-secure-windows
Tyler Reguly, a senior security research engineer with Ncircle told the newnewinternet that if you take a look at the two platforms, and the mindsets of the companies behind them, then the Windows PC wins hands down. He said that the Mac ships with more exploitable vulnerabilities already on a system when it is delivered. Further, Eric Johanson, a security researcher pointed out that the Mac OS X has far more published vulnerabilities per user than Windows.

However Apple is also actually more insecure because of the attitude of its customers. A computer's security, if it exists, is only as good as the user. Unfortunately in the case of the Mac the user is a smug, technologically illiterate person who believes they are invulnerable because they use a Mac. Such people randomly press buttons, visit sites that sensible people don't and download things carelessly because Apple's marketing tells them they are safe.
http://news.techworld.com/security/1798/mac-os-x-security-myth-exposed/
Mac OS X doesn't stand out as particularly more secure than the competition, according to Secunia. Of the 36 advisories issued in 2003-2004, 61 percent could be exploited across the Internet and 32 percent enabled attackers to take over the system. The proportion of critical bugs was also comparable with other software: 33 percent of the OS X vulnerabilities were "highly" or "extremely" critical by Secunia's reckoning, compared with 30 percent for XP Professional and 27 percent for SLES 8 and just 12 percent for Advanced Server 3. OS X had the highest proportion of "extremely critical" bugs at 19 percent.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1Million Ipads have been sold already. crazy. i wouldn't mind having one at all.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jolly was arguing with Google.=)
I doubt google reads this :D

But to play devils advocate, no one ever said apple was more secure technologically speaking but based on the mere fact that hackers usually don't waste their time coding for such a small target (sure to change in time) this could be a reason why Google is trying it out.

RonJ

Banned
But to play devils advocate, no one ever said apple was more secure technologically speaking but based on the mere fact that hackers usually don't waste their time coding for such a small target (sure to change in time) this could be a reason why Google is trying it out.
Don't worry. I'm on the Apple side of this debate.:thumbs up