Young_'s 1993 Del Sol S

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picked up my first manual transmission car today. A 1993 Honda civic del sol.
:D

It's a blast to drive and it's really fun with the top off. All electronic + mechanical components work as they should and it handles well. I'm not complaining. Picked it up for 2700 after selling my integra for 2800. Only downside is it really needs a tune-up. (Mismatched plug wires and plugs :what:)

This car has the original window sticker!! along with the original owners manual, and floor mats. Has been in the guy's family since 1993 bought for 15 grand off the lot. It needs paint and a small amount of de-ricing but it's a diamond in the rough regardless.

I'll have more pics in the morning more than likely.

Bone stock minus a cat-back exhaust.

I drove 2 and a half hours to get this car, and then drove it with very little experience driving a 5-speed another 2 and a half hours back. lol talk about nerve racking.

Dude I bought it from was obsessed with blue, and received the car from his dad. Glad I saved it when I did. He painted the wiper blades (even the rubber part) blue, as well as the fuel cap and the lid for the wiper fluid reservoir. WHICH IS ALREADY BLUE >.<

Anyways, let me know what you think!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It needs a good detailing. As much as it's cool to have the original floor mats, they're showing their age so I'm just gonna have to put them up for now and get some new ones.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not really a fan of del sols, but if you're keeping this, drop it ASAP.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! I love Del Sol's, can't wait to see what you have in store for this thing.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! I love Del Sol's, can't wait to see what you have in store for this thing.
:thumbs up

It's gonna be a good journey.
I really just want to leave the motor alone and mess with the suspension and save for a b16.

But you know, we all have dreams. lol

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it definitely is a great base to start out with. What suspension are you thinking about going with?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it definitely is a great base to start out with. What suspension are you thinking about going with?
Honestly?

I have no idea. lol I've never messed with suspension really? All I know to start with are LCA's, Rear subframe brace, H brace, Front upper and lower tie bars etc.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Looks good man,wen i bought my civic my dad drove it home lol i cant imagine how nervous you were driving back man lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man,wen i bought my civic my dad drove it home lol i cant imagine how nervous you were driving back man lol
Lol you have no idea man, it was intense. A good bit of it was freeway so that wasn't so bad, but my gps took me off the freeway 20 miles away from home. So I drove 20 miles in stop and go traffic/ red lights, etc. But it was a good feeling when I got it home. Relieved that I made it home and I really got a lot of practice lol

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice! Have fun with it. My del Sol was the first manual car I bought too.

LCA's, Rear subframe brace, H brace, Front upper and lower tie bars etc.
You don't need all that stuff. I bought Tein S Tech springs and Koni SRT (orange) shocks for $400. It won't be slammed, but I could care less about being super low. You really would only need lcas if your bolts are seized into the bushing. Even then you could just replace the bushings with some Hardrace or Energy Suspension ones.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice! Have fun with it. My del Sol was the first manual car I bought too.

You don't need all that stuff. I bought Tein S Tech springs and Koni SRT (orange) shocks for $400. It won't be slammed, but I could care less about being super low. You really would only need lcas if your bolts are seized into the bushing. Even then you could just replace the bushings with some Hardrace or Energy Suspension ones.
How long did it take you to master daily driving with it?

and yeah I still have a lot to learn about suspension. Appreciate the input though man

:thumbup: I always wanted one as well. But can never find a decent looking one.
Yeah, I had to do a little bit of looking and a nice bit of travel for this one. All it really needs is a paint job. lol

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks good, but it would look better without garbage piled on it ;)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly think it looks awkward in your pictures high up and on small ass steelies. It looks clean though.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
I'm just talking about you liking sols in general lol

and yeah I do need to do something about the 4x4 tires. lol
I'm alright with the ride height. I think so low pro's and maybe some 15" wheels will set it off nice.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk, I never accustomed to them. To me they only look really good when they're done up right. Drop it, throw a lip on, get some gsr blades or some other nice rims, clean paint and it should set off nicely

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drop it like its hot and put some either white or polished rims on it and you'll be golden =)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
looks good. i definitely love 3rd gen CRXs (yes, it's a crx. don't let anyone tell you otherwise). everyone is within arms reach and so well positioned... and you can still get road head in them while driving. such an awesome car. the only part that sucks are the blind spots. i suggest getting a wide concave rearview mirror to help with that. so how about a pic with the top off? don't you just love that handy trunk storage for it?

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought a 95 del for my winter beater. Great little rides they are! 5 panel wink mirror and you have absolutely no blind spots. Thats the route I went. Just did the aux light mod this past weekend. Enjoy your new civic crx del sol!