Young_'s DC4 DD Build Thread

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Traded my civic for this 1995 Acura Integra LS not too long ago. Was gonna wait until the body work was done to make a build thread but I have nothing better to do so here goes.

As of right now it's all stock except for an Intake I put on a couple days ago.
It's in dire need of a tune-up so that's all coming next pay day.
This is only my DD so I'm not going overboard or anything.

Anyways.. what everyone wants to see..

PICS!

Gotta get the bumper re-aligned and then getting the car painted milano red.

Bay Shots!

The extent of the damages.

Interior is great. Besides the 5th gen civic seats. HMU if your selling black LS seats or black leather GSR seats.

Only 144K miles (Compared to 177 on my civic)

Nothing fancy but it'll look 100% better after fixing the bumper and painting the car.

Gotta leave for work right now but I'll post back with some plans for it. Let me know what you think!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Auto ftl :(

Interior looks great...but that exterior....gah.

I have faith. Ready to see what happens.

emerican

Registered VIP
looks horrible man worst trade ever personally i wouldnt even touch the motor untill you paint that thing.

just kidding inside joke between me and nick lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty good. I'm getting a 96 special edition soon, auto, but it has high mileage. Runs good though. Gonna follow your build.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Auto ftl :(

Interior looks great...but that exterior....gah.

I have faith. Ready to see what happens.
Lol the exteriors not THAT bad. Just gotta line up the bumpers and paint it. Which will all be done thanks to my handy dandy tax refund. Thanks for the interest though, I'll try not to disappoint

looks horrible man worst trade ever personally i wouldnt even touch the motor untill you paint that thing.

just kidding inside joke between me and nick lol.
f**k Brad. Lol did you see my paragraph in the rant thread?

Looks pretty good. I'm getting a 96 special edition soon, auto, but it has high mileage. Runs good though. Gonna follow your build.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Hell yeah, appreciate it man. I'm not too familiar with the special edition models. I came across that when I was searching my car on autozone's website for parts and it asked for the trim model, and said special edition. I figured that was the Type R or something.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lol the exteriors not THAT bad.
My brother had a red teg that was a mismatch of fadde panels and parts that didnt line up and it sat in our front yards for 3 years? UGLIEST thing in the world....and this just brings back memories...:x

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My brother had a red teg that was a mismatch of fadde panels and parts that didnt line up and it sat in our front yards for 3 years? UGLIEST thing in the world....and this just brings back memories...:x
Well tax season will be here soon so it won't stay this way for long :D

Btw I LOVE your s2k

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see the apc wires will be gone lol.
f**k yeah. They're wayyyyy too big anyways. Jason said he wants them.. I'm like why? There's only 4 of them and they wouldn't reach on your 350 anyways.. lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Thats hilarous probably one would work somehow and hed have just one of them on a 350 lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats hilarous probably one would work somehow and hed have just one of them on a 350 lol.
f**k yeah dude it's blue! lol

Anyways, I took the HID's off. NO MORE PINK LIGHTS!
Threw the stock bulbs in there. The reason there's a TON of moisture behind the lens is because these cheap HID's don't actually have a seal where they plug in. I could take these out and break them loose in an oven, buff them out, etc. But there's overspray on the outer lens anyways so I'm just gonna get some aftermarket ones. Black housing more than likely.

Putting the cheap ass HID's on craigslist now.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wish I could've got that teg I was looking at. Guy said he was gonna wait till tax time to sell it, that it was worth more than the price he was going to sell me it for, which was bogus. Anyways, lets see some updates, or more pics. I love tegs.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wish I could've got that teg I was looking at. Guy said he was gonna wait till tax time to sell it, that it was worth more than the price he was going to sell me it for, which was bogus. Anyways, lets see some updates, or more pics. I love tegs.
All the pics of it on here so far are with the hood/doors open on it so I'll snag some here soon. Me and a buddy of mine that does body work are gonna try and line up the front bumper so I'll probably post up some afterwards. Should be later today depending on the weather.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad news. -.-

The bumper was ghetto-rigged to sit the way it was so I don't know how to rig it back the way they had it but it really isn't too bad. One side is flush but the side they had rigged looks a little worse. Just gonna take it to the body shop and tell em to work their magic. Depending on how much my tax refund is I may just get the body work done and then have the car sanded and primed. Then save for a paint job. But best case scenario I'll get enough money for body, paint, and maybe a few goodies.

Also found out that the tabs to the headlights are completely broken. Only thing holding them in is the bumper. I was planning on getting new headlights so that's not really that big of a deal.

But it was good to see that the frame and the actual bumper was in good shape. The only damage is all exterior. (fenders)

I'll post up some pics of the fitment tomorrow when the sun comes out again.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just waiting to see how much my tax refund is so I'll know what all I can look forward to.
Possibly going to look at a Type R spoiler tomorrow :D

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well the guy with the Type R spoiler isn't answering my calls so I guess that's not happening -.-

Anyways, I used some Meguiars Compound on the car today and here are my results.

Before:

After:

I'm VERY happy with the results. I had this compound laying around from when I had my civic. But the paint wasn't as bad on my civic so I didn't really see the products full potential. So even though I'm getting the car painted I figured I'd try it while I had the car just to see how good I could make it look.

Here's some more pics I took today when I was cleaning the car.

Cleaned up the wheels and shining the tires.

Cleaning the interior

No tears or cracks

Paint definitely looks better. Still needs a paint job though.

How she sits now.

Getting my tax form Friday so I'll know how much money I'm getting back probably Sunday.

Trying to decide if I want black housing headlights, or OEM clear.
Gonna pick up some Amber turn signals for the bumper soon.
Other than that just odds and ends stuff.

Let me know what you think!