Young_'s DC4 DD Build Thread

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, there's no need to go all out if you're just DD'ing it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
i claim zero and single so they take the most of each check, but i get the most possible back at end of tax season.
And back on topic save up and go in for the 3 point stru tower bar i want one for mine yes its more money, but its worth it IMO.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ im with him on the 3 point topic, and dont get an aluminum one cause while it will help a little the strength that you lose between the little bit heavier a steel one is isnt worth it to me. UltraRacing makes a good one that i plan to buy (its on my "woo i have a job!!" wishlist ) and honestly unless your a fully sposered race car that has tons of $$$ backing you up, and have to save every possible oz. then its not going to be a noticeable weight differance, how ever the stiffening differance is very noticeable,

and if you view UR products and decide to get them id also consider thier lower "H" brace to go with it

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ im with him on the 3 point topic, and dont get an aluminum one cause while it will help a little the strength that you lose between the little bit heavier a steel one is isnt worth it to me. UltraRacing makes a good one that i plan to buy (its on my "woo i have a job!!" wishlist ) and honestly unless your a fully sposered race car that has tons of $$$ backing you up, and have to save every possible oz. then its not going to be a noticeable weight differance, how ever the stiffening differance is very noticeable,

and if you view UR products and decide to get them id also consider thier lower "H" brace to go with it
:word: I know the Upper strut tower bar will block easy access to jobs like any work on the intake manifold, so it would have to be removed in these cases, which is fine. But what would an H brace block? And is it as easily removed?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the upper doesnt block too much if you have the normal decent tools, lol i have a two point and have no issues with anything at all.

the H brace is also known as a lower subframe brace and the only thing it blocks is taking the mid pipe off if you do exhaust work,

the guy on here, civicfan111, i put his on in about 15 minutes when we were hanging out in his buddys drive way cause he was tired of hearing it slide around in the trunk till we got to his house lol

and i never payed much atention to how the car drove before that, but he swore that it was a very large improvement in steering response

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey it's worth a shot. Nothin wrong with a little undercarriage bling anyways. lol

You still planning on coming down to get that intake man? :D
Got one off this integra if you wanna pick it up too lol

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol yeah i have to wait till i get a few bucks, but i did the mapping yall are about 2 hours away so id try to come out in the morning, meet-up , hang out maybe burn some, and then head home.

ill pick up which ever set up fits the best lol and btw take a look at my FS thread in my sig, i know theres not much in there but if theres something in there that youd take in trade let me know and ill just come out there to kick it one day for like a day trip so i can get out of this flippin house lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So due to lack of funds I can't really do anything with the car until next payday and even then it won't be much. So for now I've been doing some deep cleaning :D

Took the back seat out and discovered THIS

Among the mess I found SAND, a dollar gold coin :D, a dirty old comb, lip gloss, couple pennies, an old high school BFF note, andddddd.. a gas receipt from north carolina. I don't think this car lived in North Carolina though because there's absolutely no rust anywhere on it. Even the exhaust is in good shape.

Hard to read but it says Black mountain, North Carolina. And the chick's name was Jessica L Webster.

Useless info really but it's still cool to know some history of the car.

So judging by the chick name, and the BFF note under the back seat I'd guess this was some high school girls first car at one time.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ lol thats whats up, atleast its better then have some ricer wanna be having it and oblitorating the thing lol

whe i gutted mine i found about 3 bucks in chage, 30-40 .45 shell casings numerus drug parafinalia (dintists pick and a s**t TON OF twist ties) and when i pulled the carpet what looked like a pile of white powder, looked like arm and hammer but i wasnt about to taste it to find out lol

so yeah lol never know what your ganna get.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My first civic had money all over the place. I grabbed about $5 in change from that car. Also found a winnie the pooh christmas ornament haha. My second civic had change in the ashtray, and my teg was clean.

emerican

Registered VIP
I cleaned out the old 5.0 and found literally 15 lighters, 10 bucks in change and a s**t ton of recipts.
Civic i found not even a dollar in change 2 lighters, cds, shot glass and recipts.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In my Teg, it was all clean cept for the glovebox, and arm rest. I found the ORIGINAL Acura manuals and warranty cards in the glovebox, and a receipt for replacement windshield in the arm rest lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol yeah. I kinda wish there were more people with tegs in my area, hell just hondas in general. I wanna meet up with some people and do a shoot or just chill and talik about cars and life and stuff haha. Atlanta is very far from PA.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where's the updates mannnnn? Come on get this teg build moving. Haha. Just take random pictures like I do to keep us entertained lol.
I'm probably gonna go for a drive and take some pics in different places.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where's the updates mannnnn? Come on get this teg build moving. Haha. Just take random pictures like I do to keep us entertained lol.
I'm probably gonna go for a drive and take some pics in different places.

Lol, the lack of funds sucks.
Next Friday when I get paid I SHOULD have enough money for the tune-up. But my hours just keep getting lower and lower at work. My last check was like 100 dollars less than usual. I'm sure this one will disappoint even more.

I guess this is an update, my dog threw up in my car taking my buddy to court yesterday morning. That sucked. So I'm currently in the process of trying to get the smell out.

Any suggestions? lol

He licked the cloth on the center console and that's the only spot producing the smell but it STILL smells bad

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, the lack of funds sucks.
Next Friday when I get paid I SHOULD have enough money for the tune-up. But my hours just keep getting lower and lower at work. My last check was like 100 dollars less than usual. I'm sure this one will disappoint even more.

I guess this is an update, my dog threw up in my car taking my buddy to court yesterday morning. That sucked. So I'm currently in the process of trying to get the smell out.

Any suggestions? lol

He licked the cloth on the center console and that's the only spot producing the smell but it STILL smells bad
Haha, I'm only getting $75 tonight so don't feel bad. I usually get $100 but I worked only three days last week. As for the throwup, carpet shampoo?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, I'm only getting $75 tonight so don't feel bad. I usually get $100 but I worked only three days last week. As for the throwup, carpet shampoo?
Maybe? :what:
I tried some stain remover/ carpet cleaner but there's no discoloration so it really didn't do anything for the smell. I drowned the fabric in lysol disinfectant but that didn't help either. I haven't had a chance to get to the store to get anything for it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just fabreeze the f**k out of your car.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just fabreeze the f*** out of your car.
Essentially what I did with the lysol but it doesn't eliminate the source of the odor so it just masks the smell and then it comes back :/

edit: you know what, I think it's only held on by screws in the hinges, so I think I'm gonna take it off and wash in the bathtub lol, just scrub the hell out of it.