Zane's EJ6 DD Project

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got my HID's installed today here are the pics...

Before

After

I dont really think that they are 10K like i ordered but i guess they will do, havent used em at night yet so i guess i will see how i like em then maybe get the right ones... we'll see

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I vote red
Well i searched and searched and finally found a pic of gold LCA's with a Red Subframe Brace, and one of gold LCA's with a Purple Subframe Brace... and yeah i've decided RED FTW!!!!

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got my income taxes back, and man am i happy.... Ordering F&F Coilovers TOMORROW!!!!!

Than, next week i get another pay check and sell these god awful Motegi R7s........ I get to order my Rota JMAGS

Stayed tuned for pictures

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That does not look like 10k. More like 8k or even 6k. :thumbdown for no retrofits though....

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That does not look like 10k. More like 8k or even 6k. :thumbdown for no retrofits though....
Yes i am Aware of this as soon as i installed them i realized that they are definitely not 10K, thats why im pissed at DDM Tuning... they are definitely 6K.... I'm not feeling the retro fit headlights... I think if civic's were meant to have big projector headlights, then they would have left the factory that way. just me tho

i kinda like the rims that are on it O_o
Then you can buy them and like em that much more on yours. lol

EJ6_COUPE

bro lovin your hatch man
just curious what wing are you gonna put on it??
o and what did you use for your grill???

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes their eBay specials until I get the CTR headlights. And thanks to all who appreciate the build its about to get a lot better stay tuned

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:shock: how dare you speak so baligerantly about jmags!!! Haha jk... I like jmags because they resemble si wheels

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got my Form and Function Type 1 Coilovers.... had a problem with the install, will explain later

On to the pics...

Rear

Front

My Hatch on the Lift

Before - eGay BomZ Coilovers (the $39.99 Coilovers)

After - F&F Type 1 Coilovers (The $630.00 Coilovers)

OK OK OK on to the problem I had.....
Here is some background for you, so that you understand fully the headache this was for us....

Ok so i am using my friends lift, he and his family own a school bus line.... my friends dad was there, he is a excellence certified technician for mercedes-benz and he is a mechanic for freightliner of knoxville, working on BIG trucks. ok all that said let me so you a picture

Ok no big deal, the bolt going through the shock bushing is missing the head, we will just drill it out and replace it, no biggie.... wrong!!!! its seized to the metal collar inside the bushing

^^^^^^^ This is after HOURS and HOURS of beating the dog s**t outta this damn thing.... finally just took the LCA and shock off together and used a hydraulic press to get the f**ker out.

All in All, Im happy with the coilovers all four corners are lowered 1.5 inches, and the ride quality is alot better compared to the eGay s**t that was on there before....

scruffilicious

5+ Year Member
Yes i am Aware of this as soon as i installed them i realized that they are definitely not 10K, thats why im pissed at DDM Tuning... they are definitely 6K.... I'm not feeling the retro fit headlights... I think if civic's were meant to have big projector headlights, then they would have left the factory that way. just me tho

Then you can buy them and like em that much more on yours. lol
if and when you sell em lemme know i need a nice set of wheels for my 02 ex?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good choice of coilovers man, I'm glad u got rid of the ebay crap! It seems like everyone has problems with those bolts haha