Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blackhope, i have the EXACT same car as you....post a DIY on the wood or ELSE! ive been trying to do that for 2 years now~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIY DIY DIY!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
XcLuSiVeLy4GoD said:
amelia dont confuse the man lol.
What the hell are you talking about? I'm asking WHY use synthetic on a car that doesn't need it. I don't think me questioning using synthetic would confuse him.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
heres what u do - find a big hill...
drive to the top...
then floor it, ur car will seem super fast, instant performance boost for nothing...
:lol: good one Marco...

Hey Blackhope, you gotta do a DIY writeup!!!!

ryanM

ive got one for the 99-00 owners.
Relocate your head unit to down by your cupholders.
its not the cheapest but if your rescourceful and dont mind digging in a junk yard it can be done for <$50

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can have a nice ugly hole in your dash!.......only benifit is if you get GPS or a dvd screen built flush into your dash

ryanM

tye said:
Whats the benefit of that though?
it looks nicer, you can get a cf block off plate from honda and if you want. cut holes for guages or something in it. i like the way it looks.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
ive got one for the 99-00 owners.
Relocate your head unit to down by your cupholders.
its not the cheapest but if your rescourceful and dont mind digging in a junk yard it can be done for <$50
No, that's a mod for '96-'00s. All of them. ;) Only the '96-'98s already have the setup to easy do this. For the '99-'00 you need to buy the '96-'98 cupholder I believe.
tye said:
Whats the benefit of that though?
CD player is out of sight more, you can cover it with the cupholder lid at least some, and it's more of a pain in the ass to steal.
YoungKadafi said:
you can have a nice ugly hole in your dash!.......only benifit is if you get GPS or a dvd screen built flush into your dash
I don't have a hole in my dash, nor do I have GPS or a DVD player. My car looks fine inside.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
No, that's a mod for '96-'00s. All of them. ;) Only the '96-'98s already have the setup to easy do this. For the '99-'00 you need to buy the '96-'98 cupholder I believe.

CD player is out of sight more, you can cover it with the cupholder lid at least some, and it's more of a pain in the ass to steal.

I don't have a hole in my dash, nor do I have GPS or a DVD player. My car looks fine inside.
is his check engine light on?

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heres one i did the other day. man i was sooo damn tired of my license plate rattling so i took some regular paper, folded it until i couldnt anymore and slid it behind the plate and voila! no more rattling l.p. !!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Silver Bullet said:
is his check engine light on?
*her* It's my car. No, no check engine light. That was probably the seatbelt light or the brake light.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
XcLuSiVeLy4GoD said:
heres one i did the other day. man i was sooo damn tired of my license plate rattling so i took some regular paper, folded it until i couldnt anymore and slid it behind the plate and voila! no more rattling l.p. !!
I did it a better way that won't get wet and rot against the car.

I bought a like $7 tinted plate cover from Advance Auto Parts. Put that in over the vanity plate and absolutely no more rattle. There is also my number plate squeezed behind my vanity plate. It's all in there pretty tight. The covers also come in clear and probably other tinted hues.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh man i retract my statement about having a hole in the dash. If i can get a CF cover plate that is my next mod!

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got one for ur lisense plates .To get them from ratting in the front go to k-mart,walmart,home depot,or lowes or any home store and get some door weather stripping(it can be found in many diffrent sizes i bought a pretty big size).Take it home and cut it to ur lisense plate shape peel the backing off and stick right on .now your plate shouldn't rattle if u postion the strips right!

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got an easy one. If your fed up with your hub caps paint them black, or paint your steelies black.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have a sub or subs in ur trunk and that shitty moldy saggy carboard just cant hold the weight,
Heres a quick DIY if you wanna make a new trunk board:
Tools: Marker, 1/4'' thick plywood (larger then the cardboard of course), reciprocating saw

1. Take that s**t out
2. Try and flatten out the shitty cardboard as best you can and lay it over the plywood
3. Outline the shitty cardboard witht the marker, using it as a template
4. Cut it with the saw
5. Done! I have a kicker sub and its pretty heavy, 1/4'' thick holds the weight pretty good.
6. If you wanan keep it protected from water leaks or make it look nice pick up some polyuerathane or some wood sealer.
7. Also, the board may tend to rattle, get some weather stripping from home depot and place it on the edges of the board

Suggestions/questions encouraged