5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any other ideas? ive done all these...heheh

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
osu32 said:
A simple and extremely cheap thing you can do to improve the look is to ditch (hide, rather) the antenna. Honda really dropped the ball on these since they stick up constantly and rust after years of exposure to the elements. To fix this, go to your local Honda parts department and buy an antenna block-off plate for a '95 DX. It sounds odd, but the '95 DX didn't have a factory stereo so they blocked off where the antenna was supposed to go with this plate (which, conveniently enough, is the same size and shape as the hole on the 6th gens). You can pick these up on ebay for $25 or so, but Honda sells them for around $8.

The swap is simple:
1) use a Torx bit to remove the antenna mounting plate
2) slide the plate off of the antenna (you may have to cut a small metal tab a this point, nothing a pair of tin snips can't handle)
3) jam the antenna down into your A-pillar so that you can still clearly receive your daily brainwashing from Clear Channel
4) install block-off plate
5) point out how much better the car looks to everyone that you meet, even though they don't really care

haha

anyone got a pic of this???

intrested

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cloudy headlights?

i agree...this works great...i used 1000 grit wet dry paper...and Blue Magic Metal Polish...soak the sandpaper in water for ten or fifteen minutes...the more time you spend on them the better it will look...This will take the cloudiness off your headlights...brightens the car up alot...and keep dipping the sandpaper back in to the water...

Last edited:

Racersky

5+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
Get some great stuff and spray foam in door panels to deaden sound and stop gay rattles
Spray on Foam? I never heard of that.....where do you purchase such thing?

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Racersky-
Spray foam is sticky s**t, and when it cures, it expands like 50 times original size. I've seen this stuff swell and ripple quaterpanels when sprayed behind panels and such to insulate for car audio rattles/squeaks. Not saying it will f**k up your panels, but Ive seen it before. Also, if bodywork is needed to a panel that has this crap sprayed all in it, bet your ass that the repair bill will be quite expensive...

tippinOver -
Its just a black plastic blockoff plate that looks alot like the antenna base, only without the antenna or hole int he middle ;)

This thread should've been called "Inexpensive things..." rather than "Cheap things...", as the ideas are starting to get worse :P

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its called great stuff, and i have used it with tinfoil and firberglass. Got it at home depot. But dont take me seriously, i jsut read cool things in magazines, ive never seen a civic before, only in modified mag.

Cheap things also to do....Dont buy an ebay header to replace your stock one, unless your stock one is cracked, or you have a 96, or if you have the cat in your manifold. Your car will run slower than a effing scooter.

One thing i did, and i likey, is set up dual catch cans on my NA, works GRRRRREAT!

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great thread! I'm taking notes and have a couple of weekend projects to get on the go now. Keep 'em coming!

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump...anything new guys i found this thread wondering if anyone found anything new

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
short shifter - i use b&m dual bend
energy shifter bushings

I removed my intake resonator box from my bumper, it makes a loud deep noise when i go WOT, i heard it kinda hurts u at low rpms but at high rpms it helps alot, or something like that lol. Still cant really hear vtec but its deff louder. anybody have any info on this?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A simple and extremely cheap thing you can do to improve the look is to ditch (hide, rather) the antenna. Honda really dropped the ball on these since they stick up constantly and rust after years of exposure to the elements. To fix this, go to your local Honda parts department and buy an antenna block-off plate for a '95 DX. It sounds odd, but the '95 DX didn't have a factory stereo so they blocked off where the antenna was supposed to go with this plate (which, conveniently enough, is the same size and shape as the hole on the 6th gens). You can pick these up on ebay for $25 or so, but Honda sells them for around $8.

The swap is simple:
1) use a Torx bit to remove the antenna mounting plate
2) slide the plate off of the antenna (you may have to cut a small metal tab a this point, nothing a pair of tin snips can't handle)
3) jam the antenna down into your A-pillar so that you can still clearly receive your daily brainwashing from Clear Channel
4) install block-off plate
5) point out how much better the car looks to everyone that you meet, even though they don't really care

Doesnt it rattle around?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if u like the clean look, and are sick of seeing your "civic" or "dx" etc. peel off the emblems, get some compound, and compound the shadow of the glue. If there is excess glue, get a scraper and a razor blade (be very careful) and scrape away the excess puddy or glue.
Acryl-Safe is better than using a blade. i used to detail cars, if you guys have a car-quest or napa around they should carry it.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RESTOREING Your Milky HeadLight! (Not Sure if this already been posted)

I just did this Today and u wont beleive how it came out. Cost was $12.21

Things needed
-2000 grit SandPaPer (can be bought a local AutoZone/Pepboy) (you can aslo start with a 1000 are lower grit and work for way down)
-Meguiars Plast X (or any kind of clear plastic cleaner are scratch remover)
-Some Water
-100% cotton towel

Steps:
-Frist wet your headlights aswell as ur Sandpaper
-Sand your headlights in an even side to side montion, you will see this yellow stuff comeing off (thats good)
-Sand as much as need
-clean dry and sand again
-After sanding is done dry it off
-Apply the Meguiars Plast X ( or plastic scratch remover)
-Holes it down and your Done
Hey sorry for the dumb question but I just want to make sure. This is for getting that nasty yellow haze off the inside of your headlights right ?

XtC_CiViC97

5+ Year Member
im prolly clubcivic's newest member. i just bought my 97 civic about 3 days ago and i love it..it has a nice low roar exhaust and thats about it..i dont know much about cars...but what should i do first if i wanna make it faster?

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put as many NAWZZZ and decal stickers as you can on your car.........because each one adds 2hp ;-)

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im prolly clubcivic's newest member. i just bought my 97 civic about 3 days ago and i love it..it has a nice low roar exhaust and thats about it..i dont know much about cars...but what should i do first if i wanna make it faster?
stage 5 weight reduction. basically remove everything except the steering column, driver seat (optional: if you can drive standing up in your car it reduces more weight), and the engine. oh yeah the transmission stays too.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1 gallon of 87 octane and a match. then just get creative.