Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

ONESICKS

*ROCKSTAR*
5+ Year Member
i have alot of obsticles on my ride to try to bypass & steal (wont say what it is) thieves are among us....but i think the best antitheft is the removable steering wheel...that or a boot on the wheel haha...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ONESICKS said:
i have alot of obsticles on my ride to try to bypass & steal (wont say what it is) thieves are among us....but i think the best antitheft is the removable steering wheel...that or a boot on the wheel haha...
Okay... not sure about the shorty hub, but for the regular hubs you can jam a breaker bar or crow bar through the hub and use that as leverage to break the steering lock. Then use vice grips to steer with.

I'm posting these up because I don't think they're huge secrets to people already stealing cars. Those of us who dont' steal cars might not think abou somethings like this though.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Okay... not sure about the shorty hub, but for the regular hubs you can jam a breaker bar or crow bar through the hub and use that as leverage to break the steering lock. Then use vice grips to steer with.

I'm posting these up because I don't think they're huge secrets to people already stealing cars. Those of us who dont' steal cars might not think abou somethings like this though.
Agreed they stole my friends car with no steering wheel a drove it 2 blocks away just to steal the rims

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
another thing, hide your hood latch, i saw a guy living in phili with a white eg hatch all show with a built b16, we had it at a shop to work on it and he thought of hiding the hood latch so people couldnt just steal the motor, haha we looked for it for like 15 min, couldnt find it till we called him and up and asked where it was prety good idea in my opinion, i mean its a prety good idea but even if they take the car there gonna get to the s**t anyway, theres always a way to get around things if u want it bad enough and the only way to stay 100% away from people stealing your car is to not have 1 basicly but good ideas from up top guys im gonna be taking some of them into consideration

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Even if you had your hood cable, the open latch and the actual latch hidden and protected... I'm sure they could still get in with a crowbar.

Most of these thigs are just meant to keep honest people honest. :(

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddies dad is tow truck driver, it really dosnt matter much if the car is in gear, the only true way to protect yourself like said before is to get good insurance thats fully covered, and for people like me that have stuff under the hood. well if our s**t gets stolen we are pretty much screwed because insurance companies dont care about all the stuff we put on, just the value of the vehicle stock. and for the cop in so cal i used to live their and race in ontario, ontario cops suck, even if u have an intake and they can hear it, their pullin ya over, you guys suck !!! lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can get modifications insured. Insurance on a stock car often does not cover the aftermarket modifications though. So if you have a CTR lip, CTR headlights, GSR motor, aftermarket wheels, etc, whatever.... and the car gets stolen.... Expect the insurance company to say, "Too bad. Here's your money for the value of your stock '97 DX hatch."

There are auto insurance companies out there willing to insure a certain amount of aftermarket parts on a car (say $2000), but you have to report the parts to them and go through what they need you to go through in order for them to be insured. Then there are other companies out there willing to insure modified cars entirely. These companies might just insure modified cars and don't be surprised if they charge and arm and a leg. They know there aren't a lot of companies out there like them and well, your parts might take a lot to insure too.

civicfla2

5+ Year Member
bye bye civic

i got my civic stolen 2 days ago luckly it was a friend playing a joke but that a feeling i never want to experience again

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice thread...now the thieves can read the thread and know what to expect :thumbup:

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i normally leave my car locked in our shop. thinking about buying a rottweiler to live in there with the car

Razak

5+ Year Member
Another cheap way of protecting your car is with a long pad lock.... just put it around your clutch and brake pedal (same type of lock you would put on a pedal bike).
Got that handy tip from some jeep owners who run with no top in the summertime.

Raz

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Razak said:
Another cheap way of protecting your car is with a long pad lock.... just put it around your clutch and brake pedal (same type of lock you would put on a pedal bike).
Got that handy tip from some jeep owners who run with no top in the summertime.

Raz
Bolt cutters.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow Amy i know you are being real. But you make it seem like the best way to protect your car is to leave it unlocked with the windows down. :roll:

ANYTHING that will buy you time is worth it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Wow Amy i know you are being real. But you make it seem like the best way to protect your car is to leave it unlocked with the windows down. :roll:

ANYTHING that will buy you time is worth it.
Um... durp.

<-- Posted all of once this year. I didn't read back in the posts, but if I said how to bypass anything it's just to remind everyone that none of this is theft prevention as much as it is theft deterants.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Um... durp.

<-- Posted all of once this year. I didn't read back in the posts, but if I said how to bypass anything it's just to remind everyone that none of this is theft prevention as much as it is theft deterants.

Ok....and this thread is what 4months old? So yeah.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
basically just double up on security. Don't just use one, and have full coverage.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the whole "if they want it bad enough they will get it" argument is the dumbest s**t ive ever heard.

thats like saying ...

if a rapist wants your daughter bad enough he will get her

of course its got a semi truth to it but actually thinks like that..