Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
from what i hear it helps to turn your wheels all the way to one side when you park and leave it in gear so thats its harder to tow if thats the thiefs way of stealing....
That doesn't work on a light car like a Civic. Might with a Super-Duty or Suburban...

I know a Repo-man. Parking a car with the wheels cut all the way and against the wall doesn't deter him.

He just extends the wheel lift further back and picks up the whole car. Drives around the corner and pulls out the lock-out kit, unlocks the door, drops the e-brake and reset the wheels in the wheel lift cradle and he's gone....and so is your car.

I've seen him do it with a Camaro at my old Apt complex

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The other day I was driving and I saw a hatch civic with a rear wheel device looks like a boot they put when you owe parking ticket but this was a removable one. I'm not sure where he purchased it but it locks around the rims of the car and has a four to five inch steel rob sicking out so the tire can't roll over.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
The other day I was driving and I saw a hatch civic with a rear wheel device looks like a boot they put when you owe parking ticket but this was a removable one. I'm not sure where he purchased it but it locks around the rims of the car and has a four to five inch steel rob sicking out so the tire can't roll over.
That's just a normal boot. All boots are removable...

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
They just rip that cover off. They don't even unscrew them. And even if they did, they could bust into it anyway. They don't care if they damage your car. Also, I touched on towing above. It also dawns on me that most theives with a tow truck probably have a flatbed and not a sling or stinger.

They have to lock it anyway in order to break it. So in reality, you're doing a little extra which might even be helping them.

Can't help you here. I imagine prices vary on what siren and also by what business you try to buy one from.

Most wheels locks at least you can just hammer a lug wrench over them and get them off anyway.

I don't know about everyone else, but I took a poll of my house and 2 out of 2 agree that they attract more attention if the car is parked outside (as compared with in a garage).
thanks for answering all my questions, and the more i read about these theft threads it scared the s**t out of me, but it helps knowing i live on a hill hidden from the majority of easy target complexes, and that i work until 4:30am 3 days a week so there less chance of getting jacked, and i have an alarm, club, pure black tint, lock the steering wheel, hook em to one side, and park right in front of my bedroom window, and unlike driveways right behind my parking spot there is an embankment so it would be hard for a tow truck to manuver in, but still, I want to pretect the car i worked really hard and long to buy(without an ounce of help from anyone)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
thanks for answering all my questions, and the more i read about these theft threads it scared the s**t out of me, but it helps knowing i live on a hill hidden from the majority of easy target complexes, and that i work until 4:30am 3 days a week so there less chance of getting jacked, and i have an alarm, club, pure black tint, lock the steering wheel, hook em to one side, and park right in front of my bedroom window, and unlike driveways right behind my parking spot there is an embankment so it would be hard for a tow truck to manuver in, but still, I want to pretect the car i worked really hard and long to buy(without an ounce of help from anyone)
Hidden parking area (away from most traffic) = no witnesses to the theft (it's pretty quiet to steal a car). Black tint = you must have a system in there. Locking the wheels = doesn't do much really. Club = you can cut the steering wheel if you want or they can bend the club I've heard. Parking by your bedroom window = where do you think my car was stolen from? Tight parkig space = wheel dollies.

:( No matter what, in the end they'll take it if they want it. Some people are s**t. :???:

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Hidden parking area (away from most traffic) = no witnesses to the theft (it's pretty quiet to steal a car). Black tint = you must have a system in there. Locking the wheels = doesn't do much really. Club = you can cut the steering wheel if you want or they can bend the club I've heard. Parking by your bedroom window = where do you think my car was stolen from? Tight parkig space = wheel dollies.

:( No matter what, in the end they'll take it if they want it. Some people are s**t. :???:
Hidden complex not parking area, black tint ='s looks sweet on a white car and all i have is a cd player with a detach face that i ALWAYS take out, double prong club that you have to make more than 1 cut to take off, and parking next to the bedroom just give me a sense of security, so that if i hear my alarm i run out with the knife i keep next to my bed, all jokes aside i just hope no one attempts to steal my car the like fagget rags that tried to used a shaved key on my last car and it just broke in the door

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
Hidden complex not parking area, black tint ='s looks sweet on a white car and all i have is a cd player with a detach face that i ALWAYS take out, double prong club that you have to make more than 1 cut to take off, and parking next to the bedroom just give me a sense of security, so that if i hear my alarm i run out with the knife i keep next to my bed, all jokes aside i just hope no one attempts to steal my car the like fagget rags that tried to used a shaved key on my last car and it just broke in the door
Trust me, that really doesn't mean anythin (your car's location and such). I'm not out on the road, I had a crappy Sony Xplod CD player with a removable face (left the face on but who cares). You don't cut the Club, you cut through the steering wheel (it's easy).

Like I said before. If they want it, they will get it. Parking near your bedroom window just gives you a false sense of security.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i know you dont cut the club, but its a double prong club so you have to make multiple cute in the steering wheel to take it off

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still should be easy enough to remove. A pain in the ass, that's about all.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
i know you dont cut the club, but its a double prong club so you have to make multiple cute in the steering wheel to take it off
What? :???:

Why? Just pull it through the first cut.

"the Club" only adds a couple of seconds to thief's total time to steal

And on the whole flatbed issue? I don't know if you've ever driven a roll-back flat bed but it would be a poor choice for a thief. I drove an F450 roll-back and it's not easy to manuever and you have to get out of the truck to get the car.

With something like a Jerr-Dan Quick Pick, you're wheelbase is no longer than a regular SWB pickup and you don't even have to get out of the cab to grab a car and run. Repo-man style.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
What? :???:

Why? Just pull it through the first cut.

"the Club" only adds a couple of seconds to thief's total time to steal

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm gonna be installing that fuel cut off switch today...got some time to do that.

br0nx finest

I'm from the Bronx baby.
5+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
I got it installed at a auto body shop installed for $275.

Yeah I garage it all the time. I always get offers for it but I can read people and it's just to see what I have. I take different routes home all the time and I have a police siren hooked up which is 120 db's illegal but if it stops the person so be it. That s**t is so loud it hurts my ears. kinda sounds like a urrrgggggg urrggggg but hundred times louder. For those who pasted thru NY and heard the cops use it it's loud.
Seems to me a good setup, I'm good friends w/ BlackHope, and I'd recommend a few more layers on that security. Such as an alpha lock (portable wheel boot, alphalock.com), and 2 different sets of good wheel locks (McGard & Gorilla).