first time oil changer lol

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
I've been using FRAM filter for the past 40k+ miles. Haven't had a single problem at all.
there is a huge thread on here or H-T about a comparrison of ALL the oil filters for our cars basically. FRAM came in just about last because it DOES have the best flow, but it also didnt filter s**t..and i dont buy oil filters for flow..i buy them to filter.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
see, thats the reaction i was first looking for, but some people just gotta be joke snipers and ruin the moment by not reading s**t.

or im just not funny..either way, i think you'll be fine. experience is the best teacher and the only way to really learn how to do an oil change, and learn about pretty much anything is by getting out in your driveway and getting dirty.:cool:

and we'll always be here to laugh at you...then help you....if you f**k something up.:lol:
laugh at this my friend was doing a oil change for the first time in his volvo s70. He finished the oil change and like a idiot he decided to lower his car unevenly and the stands popped out and then caught onto the center of his oil pan. Then they f**ken made a 3 by 3 hole in the oil pan...and the mother f**ker wants to help me do a oil change....im good i dont need no holes in mine lol

ryanM

did i say oil filler cap? i dont think so. I said oil drain plug. go ahead and try to put that in AFTER adding oil.
check yourself before you lash out at other people, you said to make sure the drain plug is tight before opening the valve cover cap (also called the oil filler cap) and he said opening the oil filler cap (valve cover cap) is the first thing you do when you start an oil change, and he's absolutely correct, so please, refrain from humiliating yourself...

ryanM

there is a huge thread on here or H-T about a comparrison of ALL the oil filters for our cars basically. FRAM came in just about last because it DOES have the best flow, but it also didnt filter s**t..and i dont buy oil filters for flow..i buy them to filter.
that same test was done with air filters, and K&N came in last because it has the best flow, but filters like s**t, but yet their the most popular air filter...wonder why...

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
check yourself before you lash out at other people, you said to make sure the drain plug is tight before opening the valve cover cap (also called the oil filler cap) and he said opening the oil filler cap (valve cover cap) is the first thing you do when you start an oil change, and he's absolutely correct, so please, refrain from humiliating yourself...
yes, but in the original post, he never referred back to installing the drain plug before adding the "x amounts" of oil. I didnt mean to lash out at anyone, was trying to remind him of something important, and people took it wrong since I forgot the appropriate smiley. My bad.:lol:(thats the one I forgot too)

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
that same test was done with air filters, and K&N came in last because it has the best flow, but filters like s**t, but yet their the most popular air filter...wonder why...
advertising..you think people look up ACTUAL facts after seeing Mr. Shelby(or whoever) say that K&N is the best filter? of course not, you could tell them that if they s**t in their gas tank it'll give them better gas mileage and I gaurantee a lot of people would be out front taking shits in their gas tanks without thinking twice as long as some celebrity told them to.;)

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
and sorry for the totally hardcore threadjacking..i need to go do something at work so i stop making rediculous posts.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its cool he misinterprited my first post and tried to correct me or he plainly tried to correct me. Its cool i got the info i made this thread for. no more flaming hah.

so would you do sythnthetic or regular and i should do 5w30?

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
well, its summer time so id go with a synthetic 10w30 of the mobil1 assortment.

winter time id switch it up to 5w30.

if you dont want to pay extra, just get regular. the only real advantage to synthetic is it supposedly disperses itself better throughout moving parts..and can go longer without needing to be changed.

ryanM

just put in 5w30 its what honda recomends

i'm running Q horsepower w/ a K&N oil filter.

but thats just because im a baller.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
now now children, play nice. Its just an oil change.

s**t....

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I play nice. I dont go insulting people for no apparent reason. He's just a tool. Sorry MOD

ryanM

ill get 10w30 mobile one synthetic...thx for the help guys
ok, not trying to argue or anything, because you can do what you want. but 90% of the people in this thread told you to get 5w30, even the manufacturer of your vehicle tells you to buy 5w30. why would you buy something different? im not saying its a bad decision, im just wondering whats making you get the 10...

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, not trying to argue or anything, because you can do what you want. but 90% of the people in this thread told you to get 5w30, even the manufacturer of your vehicle tells you to buy 5w30. why would you buy something different? im not saying its a bad decision, im just wondering whats making you get the 10...
Because i had a typo like i ment 5 w30. like i was thinking one thing typed the other

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5w30 royal purple/mobil 1 and wix filter. end of story.

ive found royal purple for the same price as mobil 1 in some places.

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You may also try Mobil 1 High mileage, even though your engine doesnt have over 75,000 miles, i would think the extra additives would still benefit your engine

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You may also try Mobil 1 High mileage, even though your engine doesnt have over 75,000 miles, i would think the extra additives would still benefit your engine

stop, that oil does nothing. reg mobil 1 synthetic and call it a day.

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok you have no right to tell people to stop talking and that there opinion doesnt count. THIS ISNT H-T. It's CC and here we are all cool with each other except when tools like you think they know everything. . Get a life