Photoshoot! with Cop Problems! (56k GTFO)

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice day, washed the car, got the morning off, borrowed a D40 and broke out my novice skills as a photographer. with these pictures im hoping to get feedback from the photo-pros here on CC. PLUS!, my car had a COUNTY WIDE A.P.B. put out on it. So i had every county cop looking at my car, which limited angles, and ultimatley stopped the shoot prematurely. my Car is really nothing special but i thought the camera practice would be awesome. Leave some feedback!

7 - I actually got stuck in here for a while :lol: couldnt back it out.

14- No engine modes at all, but i wanted to try the shot.

23 - Buddy of mine randomly

24 - another buddy randomly saw

25 - this is actaully a REFLECTION off of the jewlery store. (Look at the license plate)

26 - thought this was amazing looking

29 - I run this place :lol:

37 - my other/girlfriends vehicle (its for haulin the bikes/friends around) Bone Stock

Anyway, heres why the police made me stop. its a long story so ima just do cliffs, and no real story...i have to go to work.

-Went to second shooting spot, saw two marked cars across the street. Shot photos.
- Two spots later, found MORE cop cars parked at local movie theater (about 7 marked 2 chargers, and a few CVs). shot a few shots of me parked inbetween 2 SRT8 cops around here (unmarked).
- within 40 seconds, im surrounded by police. tell me to leave
- i leave, get pulled over about a block later.
-cop tells me to delete photos of unmarked police cars. i do. (well most of them ;))
-head to YMCA skatepark to see my g/f, and shoot a few more pictures.
-Every cop from prior place is at the YMCA. (apperanlty a SWAT demonstration was about to go down)
-stepdad calls me and says, "WTF ARE YOU DOING!? IVE HAD 3 COPS CALL AND ASK ME WTF YOU ARE DOING! YOU HAVE AN APB OUT ON YOU! GET HOME NOW!"
- i say, f**k them, and shoot more pictures
-see g/f, take my truck, do a few more shots.
-cops stare me down, but i dont take pictures
-come home
-g/f calls freaked out becuase the cops think shes in on w/e im doing.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice shots. funny story. who know photography was so incriminating these days....

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some decent shots mixed in there...i would just tell you to be more aware of your surroundings, etc....try not to include any other "random" cars in your pics, watch for power poles sticking out of the top of your car, garbage in front of / behind your car, etc.... :thumbs up

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pictures, nice car. :thumbup:
thanks bro

18 is my favorite
yea man, i took about 20 in that spot with different abgles and such...i have about 140 picutres total, but these are my favorite.

nice shots. funny story. who know photography was so incriminating these days....
well, i live in a town where everybody knows everybody and dont take to kindly to to strangers roaming the town with a camera. i just moved from the Baltimore about 3 months ago, so here im a "city-slicker yankee"..:roll:

some decent shots mixed in there...i would just tell you to be more aware of your surroundings, etc....try not to include any other "random" cars in your pics, watch for power poles sticking out of the top of your car, garbage in front of / behind your car, etc.... :thumbs up
lookin on these i see exactly what your talking about, but the "random friends" was just people i went to school with and they happend to see me. the RSX is being build for boost :shock:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love this new idea that no one can take photos of police, police cars, police dogs, police horses, police stations, public buildings, public places, etc. and so on. We really are under no more threat from terrorism than we were years ago. We're under more threat by our own government though.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love this new idea that no one can take photos of police, police cars, police dogs, police horses, police stations, public buildings, public places, etc. and so on. We really are under no more threat from terrorism than we were years ago. We're under more threat by our own government though.
oh it was rediculous, there was NOBODY outside when i got there. i literaly pull inbetween the two cars, get out, squat with my back towards the resturant im guessin they were in, snap two picutres, stand up, and i was surrounded. they came outta the f**kin wood work :rolf:

nice pics

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they were curious to wat you were doing.. to them.. you look like a street racer.. so they are thinking that you are trying to use a photo shoot for you car to take pictures of certain unmarked cruisers so you can flyer them out to your fellow street racers so they are more carefull.. which in return cops get less street racers =). so thats why they were freakin out.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh it was rediculous, there was NOBODY outside when i got there. i literaly pull inbetween the two cars, get out, squat with my back towards the resturant im guessin they were in, snap two picutres, stand up, and i was surrounded. they came outta the f**kin wood work :rolf:
You are not the first one. This has been happening a lot lately.
they were curious to wat you were doing.. to them.. you look like a street racer.. so they are thinking that you are trying to use a photo shoot for you car to take pictures of certain unmarked cruisers so you can flyer them out to your fellow street racers so they are more carefull.. which in return cops get less street racers =). so thats why they were freakin out.
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with that.

http://carlosmiller.com/2008/07/14/tennessee-man-arrested-for-unlawful-photography-after-photographing-cop/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kensingtonvictoria/590009192/
http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2008/05/almost_arrested_for_taking_photos_at_uni.html

I've heard of other instances of "unlawful photography" lately, but I'm having trouble finding some of it. A lot is just spread through blogs and never got to the news for whatever reason.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
shoot turned out great. want to come shoot for my car?
what's with the APB?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are pretty gay about it, i was shooting my buddies car at a mall/target parking garage and a mall security guard came up. he was an older gentleman and i told him i was just taking some pictures of my friends car and would be done in like 10 minutes. he was like thats ok so he radioed the rent a cop station in the mall and said they are just taking pictures of a car and the cop on the other end said no thats not allowed and i asked the securtiy guard to ask him why because its a public place, and the cop said its not allowed and my friend said lets get outa here like a vagina. so we left...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they are pretty gay about it, i was shooting my buddies car at a mall/target parking garage and a mall security guard came up. he was an older gentleman and i told him i was just taking some pictures of my friends car and would be done in like 10 minutes. he was like thats ok so he radioed the rent a cop station in the mall and said they are just taking pictures of a car and the cop on the other end said no thats not allowed and i asked the securtiy guard to ask him why because its a public place, and the cop said its not allowed and my friend said lets get outa here like a vagina. so we left...
It's a public place, but private property.

I was asked to not take photos inside the Dover Mall (Dover, DE) because the security guard said I could be working for other companies and might be taking photos of store fronts so other companies could steal the design. WTF?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like #3

did a quick edit of this one for ya:

Last edited:

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks pretty nice man, but I'm not really feeling the unpainted grille, side moldings,skirts, and handles. I Think the car would look more complete and clean if those were paint matched.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Frikken nice bro :thumbs up

26,18,6 are my fav's.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why does the passenger side of the bumper, right infront of your wheel, stick out so far?