Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
stage 5 weight reduction. basically remove everything except the steering column, driver seat (optional: if you can drive standing up in your car it reduces more weight), and the engine. oh yeah the transmission stays too.
Try driving naked too, drops a good ~5 pounds...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey sorry for the dumb question but I just want to make sure. This is for getting that nasty yellow haze off the inside of your headlights right ?
The insides very rarely get a permanent film on them. It's on the outside. Scrubbing the inside will probably damage your lights.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Replace your stock fuel filter with a new one. This will get you back that extra 4-5 mpg (aprox.) that you've been missing, especially if you've never had it done.

Also, taking out your passanger seat is a great way to lift a few pounds off of you car for the track, plus earn you some comments at the drive-through. =)

xx2000CIVICxx

5+ Year Member
i got one...........

take a rag, and clean up the engine bay, then take some 600 grit and run it over the letters on your valve cover. adds a little shine to them, and makes them stand out from a plain stock valve cover.

Chick

5+ Year Member
if u have a black civic i like the blaked out tailights. u can pick it up from advanced auto for cheap. max $20 bucks for a can and a can will do about two sets of lights depending how dark u go.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm... dryer tubing cold air intake? i saw it on an XB and i assume it would work for a civic, too. definitely a cheap way to get a horse or so.

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vacuum & shampoo the carpet & seats. clean the inside of all your windows. rain-x is great. i like keeping at least one trash bag under the passenger side seat to put trash in. i can't really think of anything else right now.

scdigitalgraphi

5+ Year Member
RESTOREING Your Milky HeadLight! (Not Sure if this already been posted)

I just did this Today and u wont beleive how it came out. Cost was $12.21

Things needed
-2000 grit SandPaPer (can be bought a local AutoZone/Pepboy) (you can aslo start with a 1000 are lower grit and work for way down)
-Meguiars Plast X (or any kind of clear plastic cleaner are scratch remover)
-Some Water
-100% cotton towel

Steps:
-Frist wet your headlights aswell as ur Sandpaper
-Sand your headlights in an even side to side montion, you will see this yellow stuff comeing off (thats good)
-Sand as much as need
-clean dry and sand again
-After sanding is done dry it off
-Apply the Meguiars Plast X ( or plastic scratch remover)
-Holes it down and your Done

i just did this and my headlights are sick =]

thanks man

Xx96CoupexX

5+ Year Member
i had the same deal with my pin stripe, i used a blow dryer, my finger nail and goo-gone. Worked out well, accept for the parts that were tore apart, that made me have to start peeling all over again.. Looks great now though.

KStorms2009

5+ Year Member
paint your brake calipars, also buy black spray paint and take youre windsheild wipper hangers off and re paint them or take off the door molding where it always fades off to that ugly silver and re paint em.

take that shitty trunk cardboard out and customize your trunk with nice light weight wood and carpeting.

possibilities are endless ! ha

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
put some neons all over the interior

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vacuum & shampoo the carpet & seats. clean the inside of all your windows. rain-x is great. i like keeping at least one trash bag under the passenger side seat to put trash in. i can't really think of anything else right now.
just steam cleaned my entire interior. took all the seats out and everything. makes the car look 80% new!

JPouliot

5+ Year Member
yea, none of that razor blade bullshit. if you wanna take the emblems off its common sense to pick up some goo gone. that stuff is for real

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
glove box lights:

get a couple 12v led lights from radioshack, your choice of color (i recommend you match it to your dash lights). remove your glove box (2 10mm bolts on the bottom). drill the holes to mount the lights in the back of the glove box. run the primary wires to your CD player's ACC power source or the amplifier source wire (so the lights only work when the ignition is on), and ground them out on the frame that the glove box bolts to

should take about 1/2 hour to 45minutes total. and voila! courtesy lights in your glove box!

Last edited:

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
the best way to debadge your car is to take a blow dryer run it over the decal for about 5 minutes then take some fishing line and it should just slice through the glue then i used some windex and a paper towel and the rest of the glue came off the only thing is taking the honda decal off mite be a b***h because it has a screw behind it but taking the ex or whatever off balances out the back makes it look very nice