matt96ex's Project: CX Hatchback

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome awesome awesome, i am doing the same thing and your thread has basically just walked me through. awesome lol. do you mind if i pm you for a few questions? awesome man.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome awesome awesome, i am doing the same thing and your thread has basically just walked me through. awesome lol. do you mind if i pm you for a few questions? awesome man.
haha thanks i guess. yea pm if you want.

CiviclyDumped

Lets Play Some Puck EH?
hey man i just spent about an hour looking at this thread and just made an account here and keep up the good work man cant wait to see this done.
and props for doing all your own work too

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i just spent about an hour looking at this thread and just made an account here and keep up the good work man cant wait to see this done.
and props for doing all your own work too
thank you! cant wait either :cool:

oh and just bought a PW JDM power chamber intake! woooo!
ALSO
stuck between two exhausts right now
brand new apexi noir exhaust 2.25 in $400 shipped
or
used but awesome shape t1r 63mm exhaust 2.5 in $500 shipped
not sure how 2.5 inch would be on a stock b16a2 with just intake and header for now. any thoughts?

CiviclyDumped

Lets Play Some Puck EH?
yea but T1R would be sick!...hmm still thinking...
lol the way i look at it man it dont matter what other people think as long as you are happy with it thats all that maters u know hope u can pick one soon btw i made a build thread for my hatch aswell go check it out

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pwjdm power chamber intake and apexi noir exhaust on their way!

next up- hopefully some wheels soon. i have some lined up but the seller doesn't seem interested in making a sale. oh well. need harnesses and a harness bar as well.
pics will come as the parts come in!

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Received my PWJDM power chamber intake in the mail yesterday. This thing is so light, its like your holding a piece of paper! Quality of the carbon fiber looks to be pretty nice, filter isn't too bad. Hardware you get is junk, but no surprise there. It gets the job done though.
Here's a few horrible cell pics. Wasn't planning on putting it on yet, but I was bored after work.

Exhaust will be here Friday. Going to put it on Friday night probably. Hopefully going to drive the car (open header)up the road to my buddy's house with a lift.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn I remember this thread!!! I knew it was going to be a sick build and I was right, cant wait to see this bish finished.

Props on the swap and everything else.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, just got done going back through all 16 pages of this build. More power to you bro. Pretty much a ground up build, and for your first time at that. Cant wait to see the finished product. At least your putting on quality and functional parts, unlike the kids that half-ass and hack their running civic together. BIG PROPS:thumbs up:thumbs up

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good job on the build so far.. i hope to see more soon
thanks dude..hopefully some updates this weekend!

Wow, just got done going back through all 16 pages of this build. More power to you bro. Pretty much a ground up build, and for your first time at that. Cant wait to see the finished product. At least your putting on quality and functional parts, unlike the kids that half-ass and hack their running civic together. BIG PROPS:thumbs up:thumbs up
haha thanks man. tryin the best i can. still have plenty to do, just getting it running and drivable.

small update today. exhaust should be here tomorrow.
ordered some small random parts from work yesterday and got them today
-firewall plug for ac
-needed headlight bulbs and those rubber grommets for the headlight bulbs, got those.
-99-00 top si radi hose. want to replace the temporary crappy one i used to get the car started.
-fuel line clips and covers. if you remember i redid all my fuel and brake lines, which are still kinda hanging down. mostly everything broke, i probably could of reused the covers but it was only like 25 bucks for new ones.
-99-00 si throttle cable. i have some random throttle cable, it might be the factory cx cable, its way too long and im not comfortable running it..i kinda had to rig it.
and lastly found a new donut gasket, springs and spring bolts laying around the shop for the exhaust. wooo!! :cool:

ninja edit: also super psyched. called the insurence co today to see how much its gonna be to get this thing on the road in march or april. gonna run it through the summer then gonna be in the garage for 90 days throughout the winter. a little less than $300! cant complain with that.
for shits and gigs, got a quote on how much a rsx type s would be....$2,000! haha maybe in another year or two lol.

EJ6_COUPE

very nice build man i will definatly keep looking at this build..are you going to buy the SiR bumpers for it???