matt96ex's Project: CX Hatchback

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a nice look...
thanks
Well damnit spring should just get here already, I wanna see it finished up now. =)
yea i know. it will be here soon enough hopefully.
Wow, 14 pages later and my jaw is permanently stuck to the floor. Sick build, wish I had the cash and skills you got. Awesome looking ride, seats are sick. As for the camera, Christmas is around the corner... haha. Keep up the great work man, definitely gonna be eyeing this thread everyday come spring!
haha thanks man. as for the cash, i dont have alot, i do what i can with that i have. if only i had more it could be alot better, but the way i see it, the car will never be perfect, its more of a learning experience i think. this car is my first build which i touched bases with many different areas. motor swap, tearing down a transmission, completely taking everything off and out of the car, every single wire, prepping, sanding, painting. also made all the brake and fuel lines from scratch. i have alot to do still. im kind of excited about whenever i do my next project car in a few years when i have more money and more experience.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trying to decide on an exhaust..
and looking for wheels too!
suggestions?!? help!!!!

edit: first post for 2010 here....the year this car will be on the road. finally!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you want a loud exhaust or a quieter one?

Whats your price range on wheels? Any idea what size you want?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you want a loud exhaust or a quieter one?

Whats your price range on wheels? Any idea what size you want?
thats where im kinda stuck at...i suppose ill probably go with a "louder" one since it is a race car i guess.
for wheels if i cant find anything by spring time when i want to drive it, ill probably get something like rotas or something cheaper. hopefully i can find a nice set of works or something along those lines.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check out the buddy club spec II for exhaust, its loud and not too expensive.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I vote the Megan Drift-Spec Catback Exhaust system....
That's what my buddys got on his EK, with a poor mans ITR and stock ITR header.. sounds amazing. I had the same exhaust on my EG but it didn't sound the same.. still nice for the money though.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im still thinking about the buddy club pro spec..very decent price i could easily do. most sound clips online suck so its hard to tell how it sounds. i wouldnt mind a spoon n1, but that might be a bit redic.

JDMDRIVEREK

You have def. did the damn thing with a short period of time...
These are the kind's of build's i like & also what make's me not want to start one lol....

What kind of wheel's you going with..?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have def. did the damn thing with a short period of time...
These are the kind's of build's i like & also what make's me not want to start one lol....

What kind of wheel's you going with..?
haha thanks man. i didnt really do s**t for like 5 months...still needs alot more.
for wheels im not sure yet...either 15 or 16 inch.

JDMDRIVEREK

Word, haha.....do you know what brand wheels you want. Volks, Drag, Rota..?

Either way it look's good from were you started...

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just found some replica gunmetal 98 itr wheels on honda tech..not sure how the quality is on those. but theyd look sick gunmetal on silver.
ill buy whatever. whatever good deal i can find ill pick up once the time comes.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oops i meant 16" jdm 98 itr replicas in gunmetal. and no i have factory bolt pattern 4x100

94cxhatch18

lscxhatch
5+ Year Member
Gorgeous looking build keep up the good work.

What are you plans for the car once finished? Track it, Drag it, Street machine?

You into spoked wheels or odder looking patterns?

JDMDRIVEREK

I gotcha...I saw a really clean set of Hx wheels painted Gunmetal with the CTR center caps...looked good...16's would be great but that rotational spin on a set of 14's or 15's would have you moving..!

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gorgeous looking build keep up the good work.

What are you plans for the car once finished? Track it, Drag it, Street machine?

You into spoked wheels or odder looking patterns?
thanks man. plans are to drive the piss out of it and enjoy everything i did. id really like to track it, but idk about this year. ill definatly do local auto-x's but id really like to take if on a road course of some sort.
I gotcha...I saw a really clean set of Hx wheels painted Gunmetal with the CTR center caps...looked good...16's would be great but that rotational spin on a set of 14's or 15's would have you moving..!
yea lowest id go is 15, id really like 16 just because i think it looks better.