***GREAT LAKES General Discussion Thread***

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so camera gurus out there...im contemplating upgrading to a real camera, not a point-n-shoot. Any recommendations? I was hoping to spend around $350 on a used setup (whole kit, body+lens). DSLRs are pretty expensive but from what Ive seen they are very worth it
Cant go wrong with Canon. I shoot with the Rebel XTi. I ahve botht he 18-55mm kit lens and a 75-300macro. I picked up the macro used for $125. Sometimes it pays to have friends in photography. :lol:

Anyways got a call from the shop about my truck. The business didnt send them the part so i have to wait one more day. I got more details from the mechanic tho. I guess i sheared the splines off the end of my passenger side cv axle. Some how in the process i also damaged the intermediate shaft. :oops:

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is the 2nd time in 30 days that the f**king hot water boiler went out. I don't think the management Co likes me rite now.. f**k EM! I found a place in town for 135 less per month and dam, so much nicer! f**k my lease... they can talk to the attorneys at my office about it! lol... On the plus side. My camera bag is here!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
talk to ur lawyer buddies about it... you may have a case for early lease termination if they do not uphold their part of the lease agreement.

black/blue urethane rally armors are on..

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ very nice! I already spoke to them, its all good!

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good Anf i liked the red ones too.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Looks good Anf i liked the red ones too.
everyone kept saying the reds were too tacky. i agree somewhat, though they really brought out the taillights. oh well, these look pretty good as well, though more subdued. i'm not a "hey look at me" type of guy anyway.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, ive never met you but from what ive read here you dont seem like a "hey look at me!" kind of guy.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yeah, ive never met you but from what ive read here you dont seem like a "hey look at me!" kind of guy.
only when i'm doing goofy things :D

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
lmao vjf.

Anf, those things look awesome on ur car.

rey rey, congrats on getting ur camera bag finally.

justin, that sucks about ur truck man.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Cant go wrong with Canon. I shoot with the Rebel XTi. I ahve botht he 18-55mm kit lens and a 75-300macro. I picked up the macro used for $125. Sometimes it pays to have friends in photography. :lol:

Anyways got a call from the shop about my truck. The business didnt send them the part so i have to wait one more day. I got more details from the mechanic tho. I guess i sheared the splines off the end of my passenger side cv axle. Some how in the process i also damaged the intermediate shaft. :oops:
wow, damn justin that sounds intense. what ru looking at for repair costs

everyone kept saying the reds were too tacky. i agree somewhat, though they really brought out the taillights. oh well, these look pretty good as well, though more subdued. i'm not a "hey look at me" type of guy anyway.
:thumbs up i love the way mudflaps make the a$$ look, very nice

that white bugeye wagon is disgustingly good looking : )

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup guys?

I finally did it. Yesterday I pulled the trigger and dropped off the white hatchie to get painted. I'll have him back on Friday for a girls only car meet. =)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ dang, very nice! should look like a brand new car.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anf, mud flaps looks sick!

Connie congrats can't wait to see it

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Hector and Shane! Ya'll know how long I've been wanting to do this.

Nice Connie, what color?
Keeping it white. If I wanted show car quality it would be $5k out the door and that's just for the exterior. We all know my car is not even worth $3k as it sits. What's the point of dumping all that money into a paint job? Only has 5 mild dings on the body and no rust. I took off most of the parts and drove it in. $1200 out the door with quality work. Took it to the same guys that painted the red hatchie but this time I wanted MORE than a stage one paint and clear coat for the white hatchie.