New member here: First car, 2003 Civic Si

Decipher

Registered VIP

Factory ride height is killer. Trust me, you can safely drop that thing a good 1.5" to 2.0" no problem, even if you don't know how to drive.

Nice car though. Keep it that way. Take your time with whatever you decide to do, do it right and you WILL have this car for a long time.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Rarely do I like ep3s, I cant get over the shifter in the dash, but they are nice cars. At least you have a great engine to start with.

Welcome to CC

MrDaggs

yo man if you do get new wheels are you going to sell the factory ones
Probably, but then again not many ppl have EP3s and it might be hard to find a buyer anywhere :redcar: Plus, they're the originals, so idk...

Factory ride height is killer. Trust me, you can safely drop that thing a good 1.5" to 2.0" no problem, even if you don't know how to drive.

Nice car though. Keep it that way. Take your time with whatever you decide to do, do it right and you WILL have this car for a long time.
Thanks. i have to admit, i've seen some EP3s dropped and they look pretty sick =) i'm just worried about driveways and stuff, but hopefully someday when i get the chance I'll get a nice suspension kit and drop it a good 1.5", sounds like a great idea...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

MrDaggs

Here's a rough shot of what the car will HOPEFULLY look like after the wheels are added. I only put the wheels on, through a Flash program on WheelsNext.com. No other mods have been visually added to the photo...yet... :twisted:

MrDaggs

*sigh*...somebody, prefferably an admin or moderator, PLEASE DELETE the previous posts by "wakitow"... :nowhoring:

MrDaggs

...so i was trying to find some smoked headlight covers for this, but all i could find for an EP3 were some vinyl static cling covers or complete replacement headlights/taillights :( does anyone on here know where i could find any? maybe post a link or something? i've tried SO HARD TO FIND THEM, but with no luck...

MrDaggs

thanks =)

...so no one knows where i could find EP3 head- and taillight covers? anyone?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could try vht nightshades spray on tint. it can be removed if you dont like it

MrDaggs

you could try vht nightshades spray on tint. it can be removed if you dont like it
Well, i meant physical light covers. I know there are spray tints and tint sheets and such, but i can't find any actual covers for an EP3 for some reason :(

Thanks for the suggestion, though =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, im not totally sure if they make any. if google didnt bring any up, then there probably isnt

MrDaggs

I might try that vht nightshade spray tint stuff u were talking about, do u know where i could find some? And how well does it stay on? Would I be better off using actual tint sheets, or is that better? I'm probably going to keep it on, so I don't need to worry about a margin for error or the need for quick removal...

MrDaggs

The blue interior "accents" are pretty gaudy.
I guess it depends on personal tastes and opinions, but it'll hopefully look a lot better once all of the parts start to come together. the scheme of this car is going to be silver, blue, red, and black if i can get it there =)

They are a little "showy", u could say, but that's what makes the car stand out, having something different from the rest ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are a little "showy", u could say, but that's what makes the car stand out, having something different from the rest ;)
Not always necessarily a good thing.
Sometimes standing out can look cheap and tacky.

MrDaggs

I'm going to try to post a few pics of my new blue lug nuts and air caps later (yeah, a little eccentric maybe, but when I customize a car I pay VERY close attention to detail). I decided to venture away from buying new wheels completely and will hopefully be powder-coating them either gloss or matte black sometime in the near future (probably gloss).

Post back and tell me what you think =)

NOTE: The above wheels and tires are THE ORIGINALS...I have simply re-posted them to give people an idea of what they will look like once they're painted black.

MrDaggs

Going to install a K2 Motor Spec-D Catback exhaust once it arrives from eBay. Got a good deal on it, here's a photo of it from eBay, I'll post more as soon as it gets here :D

Last edited by a moderator: