New member here: First car, 2003 Civic Si

MrDaggs

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, just got me a 2003 Civic Si Hatchback a few weeks ago and thought I'd post it on here. I've been thinking about swapping out the tires for new ones sometime soon, the tread depth is already down to 3/32 in. on them

(forgive me, most of these photos were taken with my 3.2 megapixel camera on my phone, so they're not the best quality...)

So far I've managed a gloss blue painted interior and accents, been thinking about taking it a little further, but idk. post back and tell me what u think! =)

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

MrDaggs

hold on, almost done with the photos =)

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:nopics:

Lol jk man. welcome to the club =) done up right those cars can be pretty sick :thumbs up

MrDaggs

Final Pics

Here they are! :D

That's me in the last one ;)

The window tint on the back window, as well as the two side ones (minus the back side ones) has been removed, I couldn't see SH*T at night....plus the back window was bubbling up, as you can see from one of the pics.

Here's some newer ones with my new lug nuts and air caps =)

And here is the finished Spec-D eBay CatBack exhaust I added 10/11/2011. It, contrary to what most people would think, sounds GREAT :D

It took about two hours to install, since the freaking catalytic converter housing was rusted over from who knows what, and the three-point flange was also rusted. Had to cut the bolts off and heat the flange up with a torch just so i could hammer the rest of the bolts out :oops: It was a PAIN IN THE @$$.....But i finally got it done, 15 minutes after class. Took it for a test drive afterwards, and it sounds GREAT. I just need to use some tin snips to cut a little off of the rear bumper so it'll fit (had to do that a little already, the muffler on this b*tch is HUGE).

Up on the lift. Here I've already started replacing the old exhaust (Don't have any pics of it, sadly...YET), and part of the new exhaust is hangin down by the rear wheels. It's been attached to the hanger at this point, but not yet bolted on with the gaskets...

The part the i cut off the bumper is visible here...

This is after we cut off the bolts from the flange connected to the catalytic converter. You can see how bad it is, and two of the bolts were still stuck there in this pic. We had to heat up the flange and hammer them out later...

You can see where I had to cut part of the bumper to get it to fit. I'm going to sand it out later, once I'm sure I've got it where I want it...

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDaggs

...wtf? they're on dropbox, idk if that has anything to do with it or not. i'm going to try to fix this, hold on..

barrett

Registered VIP
ah. now i can see the pics. looks good. aside from the blue console and door parts.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting whip... welcome to the site dude!

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Never been a fan of painted interior pieces, but I love EP3's....
Look around a bit more at vids on YouTube, here, google and such before you decide on which direction you want to go. Because if you do it right the first time, you won't regret it.

MrDaggs

Never been a fan of painted interior pieces, but I love EP3's....
Look around a bit more at vids on YouTube, here, google and such before you decide on which direction you want to go. Because if you do it right the first time, you won't regret it.
thanks, i'm hoping to get plenty of advice and pointers along the way from here =) i plan on keeping this car for a long time