98 civic EX, better late than never.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
If you dropped it like an inch maybe 1.5 that would make your car look much more aggresive, but other than some wheels its lookin really good.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love what you did with those rims, I would love to get some steelies just so I could paint the lip blue & ride on those, great pics!

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
If you dropped it like an inch maybe 1.5 that would make your car look much more aggresive, but other than some wheels its lookin really good.
I know!!!! but i need to be able to raise it back up because i live in nebraska...ie death in winter...so idk, we will see what i do. right now i have a billion other expensive things that I want to do...maybe next summer though.

Love what you did with those rims, I would love to get some steelies just so I could paint the lip blue & ride on those, great pics!
I love those things. mostly because it cost $10, no one is going to steel them, and they can't get messed up, and if they do i will just paint them again. ;)

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Yeah height adjustablity is nice, roll it how it is until you can drop it right with some coilovers, wasn't tryin to dog on you for the ride height, just sayin it would look mean with a drop, and I still rock my steelies "flat black" so again just another suggestion, not a put down, money doesn't grow on trees "unfortunately" so at least you added your own style to them.
GL with the build and A+ on the DIY mods.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Yeah height adjustablity is nice, roll it how it is until you can drop it right with some coilovers, wasn't tryin to dog on you for the ride height, just sayin it would look mean with a drop, and I still rock my steelies "flat black" so again just another suggestion, not a put down, money doesn't grow on trees "unfortunately" so at least you added your own style to them.
GL with the build and A+ on the DIY mods.
yeah. to get a nice setup though is going to cost like $500+. sigh, one day right? and flat black eh? sounds legit.

leothelion

Registered VIP
I was going through my old photos of my car. GAAAAAHHHH. i can't believe how this thing used to look. took some new shots of interior real quick.

Remember when I was proud of this?

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

and now she has come SUCH a long way!!!! but then again. she still has a long way to go!!!!

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27
new steering wheel? i think so..

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

I put my new dead pedal on the other day, still need a little work with fitment, but i will get to it.

Shot at 2011-08-27

I also finished my cluster fitment. fits in there PERFECT with no modification to the bezel at all!!!

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

leothelion

Registered VIP
So i burned out the seatbelt light when i was trying to get it to light up...sigh...that really sucks...you know leds are cool, but what sucks is that there is NO WAY to replace them on this cluster...if they go out, you are SCREWED. so i guess i will roll with ought the seatbelt light. also i CANNOT figure out how to get the dumb temp gauge to work. I did manage to get the high beams indicator to light up, but I'm going to have to hard wire it in there with some soldering and I'm not sure on what voltage the led can handle. anyways I'm really discouraged right now...i just want the thing to be fully functional, I wish honda had a official modding forum where you could talk to experts about this sort of thing...its not that its difficult to do, its just that you wind up destroying at least one cluster in the process of doing it. uh...i hate life right now.

*update!!! we'll i will be burning that cluster along with all my frustrations. I tried, foolishly, to take off the needles and I succeeded. put them back on after realizing that looking at the front of the circuit board was pointless and now none of them work....YEAH!!!! so now I'm going to get a 2005 5 speed cluster cuz i could never figure out how to get the A/T gear indicators to work.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Ok.
1. Bought the new 5 sp cluster. once it gets here i can just drop it in.
2. Bought a new steering wheel, This model has 3 buttons. the center horn, and two additional horn buttons. Since I LOVE cruise Control Im going to mod this wheel so the left button is Increase/Resume and the right button is Set/Decrease. I was worried about hitting the buttons on my daily drive, but since they are only active when the CC button is pressed it won't matter.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Thats looks pretty good covered like that, let me know how it works for ya, and make a build thread incase works really well so I can copy it, I use my cruise control too much to remove it.

lol, and I made the same mistake with my cluster, I removed the needles and then couldn't get them back to where they needed to be so I also had to get a different cluster, owell we live and we learn.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Hey gang. got my 5 sp cluster intalled yesterday. i will put up some pics of it later. also my steering wheel should be coming in tomorrow. and also i bought a new security system that has remote start on it. I installed a 30 dollar keyless entry system after i switched my head unit but i think its time to upgrade with winter on its way. should be here on friday.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Very nice progress man
How much did that sterring wheel run you?
$67. im not that excited about it yet. i have it on there now and well, lets say it was not that easy. its a 5 hole and all the hubs that are available are 6 hole. I found a spacer that would convert 5-6hole but it was another $35 and i was not into that. in addition is a half inch smaller diameter than my old steering wheel. which is ok i guess, but I'm just not to jazzed that is smaller, i guess i was hopping for the same size. but I'm sure i will love it once i get my car back together. right now i literally have then entire lower dash and center console out because I'm working on a new security system w/remote start. but it all should look pretty good once I'm done.

leothelion

Registered VIP
OK!!! got a few updates. the new security system is working pretty good. my only complaint is that the remote requires you to press the button for 1.5 seconds in order for something to happen, lock, unlock, you know. well it doesn't sound like that big a deal but its kinda annoying. I think its to ensure that you don't accidentally unlock your car by hitting a button, but the remote has a key lock feature on it...so idk. I'm sure I will get used to it.

I have functioning remote start now. I have really wanted this for a while and now i finally have it. this was actually really easy. I read some advice online that suggested i get a T harness. I was a little reluctant to buy the $35 harness. but i figured that if i didn't like it I would return it. BOY DID IT SAVE ME TIME. they say to budget about 5 hours for remote start installation. I literally got it working in under 20 min. no joke. the T harness makes your life so much easier. anyways i also went to the auto store and picked up some wire tubbing, which was surprisingly cheap at $3 for 4 ft. they also had multiple sizes. well i got that and used the big stuff for my remote start wires. now i may be bias but i think this looks pretty factory. this is the remote start harness that i made. it combined the wires from the security box with the T harness to literally have plug and play remote start.
I also have more tubing so i wrap the wires like lock/unlock, power, lights, all that jazz together. I debated on where to place my box and i think i really like it above my glove box. its great access and i really won't notice it that much once everything is wire up and sealed with tubing.

WIRE TUBING:

Shot at 2011-09-18

MY PLUG AND PLAY REMOTE START HARNESS:

Shot at 2011-09-18

SOOO MANY WIRES:

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

Shot at 2011-09-18

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice job there, I didn't want to do the alarm myself so my buddy who worked at circuit city installed it for me, took like 1 1/2 hrs to complete, still need an actuator for the trunk but I will order it later.

leothelion

Registered VIP
hmm...so i hated having the alarm box where it was, i thought it might be fine but it was really noticeable and not quality. so i moved it back into the space in front of the cabin filter, i had to make a bracket for it to hold securely but i am very pleased with the results. now it really looks like a factory part. I will get some pics up soon, and a video of my remote start.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Im 90% done with my remote start and alarm system. i have pretty much everything working but there are a few minor things that don't.

Here is the remote start in action!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG_LTONaidg

I moved my alarm box back into the space in front of the cabin filter, now its totally out of the way and looks pretty factory if i do say so myself.

Shot at 2011-09-22

Shot at 2011-09-22

This is the very simple bracket i made,

Shot at 2011-09-22

here is all my wire looming, i just need to throw on a zip tie and it will be out of the way of the glove box

Shot at 2011-09-22

as you can see i still have a mess down here to sort out but i will get to it eventually

Shot at 2011-09-22

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice work bro looks really cool, love that cluster, did you do a write up on that? Lot of work has gone in to that car & it shows.