Been "out of the game" for too long...

Decipher

Registered VIP
So I need some help. I'm considering getting a gaming console. I really only miss the racing games, and that's probably the only type of game I'd be playing.

Based on that fact, which console should I get? Which system has the best racing franchise? (The newest game when I sold my xbox was project gotham!) I've heard good things about Forza? Which console is more reliable, better graphics, faster load times, better features...? Any thoughts and suggestions will help.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can wait a bit longer, I would hold off and get the new xbox (xbox 720) that's coming out fall 2013

Decipher

Registered VIP
I'm not that patient. I've got the itch and now it's set in my mind that I'm going to buy a system... soon.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I'm not big into gaming recently, but from what I have heard, GT5 and Forza seem to be popular right now. The last game I was obsessed with back in the day (lol) was GT3 on PS2. So maybe my input isn't credible haha.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take it from another racing game lover, Forza 3 & 4 are some of the best games you can buy. They are long, fun and realistic. Buy yourself a Xbox 360 and start playin! Just saying

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ x2

I was a sony fanboi for many many years, but I don't have any regrets with going to xbox 360. Forza 3 was great, and Forza4 has been even better. :thumbs up

pickup a 360 with 250gb hard drive. leave that kinect s*** alone unless you have kids, or a girlfriend that wants to play dance games in front of the TV

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ x2

I was a sony fanboi for many many years, but I don't have any regrets with going to xbox 360. Forza 3 was great, and Forza4 has been even better. :thumbs up

pickup a 360 with 250gb hard drive. leave that kinect s*** alone unless you have kids, or a girlfriend that wants to play dance games in front of the TV
:word: couldn't have said it better

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bwahahahahaahha Billy...

I love racing games as well, I have a PS3 however more and more I want an XBOX. The connectivity with other players via the net is better than PS3. However, I love the Netflix, wireless internet connectivity, and the overall look of my PS3... but what do I know lol....

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bwahahahahaahha Billy...

I love racing games as well, I have a PS3 however more and more I want an XBOX. The connectivity with other players via the net is better than PS3. However, I love the Netflix, wireless internet connectivity, and the overall look of my PS3... but what do I know lol....

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You have great choices with either system. Gran Turismo or Forza. You can't go wrong. I know you said you'll probably use the system exclusively for racing games, but take into account what else you might play. If you want to do internet gaming, you've also got to consider the pros and cons there. PS3 online gaming is free, but usually isn't as good as the xbox online experience.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but but..where else am i gonna learn to dance like the black eye'd peas and michael jackson? :(

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Having played both the Gran Turismo, and Forza series, I like the Forza series better. That would lean towards 360. I also like the 360 console and it's games much more than the PS3 in general.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely x454969 on the xbox 360. I love mine.

And I had no idea there was a 720 coming out in 2013.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Thanks guys, this is great help. I do remember the online experience with the first xbox was much better than PS at the time... didn't know how that might have changed since.

From just glancing on eBay and craigslist, there appear to be many versions and models of the 360. And I seem to recall quite a bit of complaints earlier on with red lights of death, overheating, so on and so forth. Have they worked all that out? If I spring for the 360, which generation or model should I get to ensure it's not a problem.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll definitely want a newer generation. The older xboxs are SO prone to the RROD. I BELIEVE the Elite is going to be your best bet, but you'll be better off as long as you get a newer gen xbox.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'll definitely want a newer generation. The older xboxs are SO prone to the RROD. I BELIEVE the Elite is going to be your best bet, but you'll be better off as long as you get a newer gen xbox.
Agree. Elite may cost a lil more, but it's gonna be worth it in the long run. I believe the newer generations have solved the previous problems as well. The newest generation has a different setup than the previous ones.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
whoa, wait, wut?

Xbox 720? :shock:

I love my 360. Forza is the shiz plus i find the quality of player on XBL to be better than PSN.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I love my 360. Forza is the shiz plus i find the quality of player on XBL to be better than PSN.
Agreed. I've had both, then sold them both and I came back to Xbox. You have to pay but you pay for quality.

If your going to be playing racing games I'd say Xbox. I find the ps3 control stick is a little too twitchy making for some unsmooth parts during a race. Where I find the Xbox stick is stiffer so I find I don't over steer as much.