zccivicex's Project R-81

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Got the subframe and control arms all back in today.

Came home to my new upper control arms!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, I must have slept since, but those look like stock upper arms. What was wrong with the originals on the car?

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
ok, I must have slept since, but those look like stock upper arms. What was wrong with the originals on the car?
Yes these are stock control arms. I do not feel that 90% of honda/acuras need adjustable control arms and i have never had a set that didn't bottom out on the bottom of my strut towers. OEM>anything else

Where did you get the stainless hardware?
I buy most of my stuff from downstar and the other few odds and ends i get from a few different websites.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Got a few things done today!

New Seals for the rack

Got the new manual rack installed today.

New oem outter tie rod ends and jam nuts

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes these are stock control arms. I do not feel that 90% of honda/acuras need adjustable control arms and i have never had a set that didn't bottom out on the bottom of my strut towers. OEM>anything else
I agree for most of the parts, OEM is best. Just wondering why the NEW hardware, if going OEM? Is it because you wanted to replace the balljoints and the bushings?

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
When it comes to gaskets,suspension parts, etc. I will always try and use oem. I use all the new hardware so that it looks good years from now unlike most of the oem bolts plus it makes everything pop!

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Update:

Put the front sway bar back on. Didn't get a overall picture of it installed yet. Used black energy suspension bushings.

Unwrapped a few more parts i had powder coated. Very happy with the way everything came out!

Went and installed my new k-tuned shifter today. Used all new oem boots,energy suspension bushings, and oem hardware.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
not to much to update. Suspension is all back together! Had a friend decide to part out his build so i went ahead and bought his lsd motorsports 6puck for $75.00. Its the same clutch i have been running in the car for the past 4 years and love it.

Decided to wet sand and polish out the innovative mounts today as well.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. i LOVE polished parts

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Got the trans bolted on and the timing belt back on it! Waiting on a few bolts to come in from downstar and the motor will be complete!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:drool::drool::drool::drool: how the HELL did I miss this car for so long. Between you and Kerry (CHILD), you guys have set the bar uber high! Definite inspiration, please keep it up. I friggin love seeing detailed builds like this!

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
got the motor put in the car a few days ago! Still a long way to go but its coming together.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:like:

Nice work man.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
i have not updated in a while but i got to drive the car around for the first time this year! A few pics of some progress!

mocking up the intake.

went and had a friend align the car over the weekend.

checkerdsports oil cap!

Rays black lug nuts to go with the rpf1s

last but not least....my license plate!