00 Civic Si - radiator fan won't turn on

em1civicsi

5+ Year Member
I have a question, my radiator has a hairline crack, therefore I have coolant coming out, so I bought a 2core aluminium radiator with a 12' fan. Long story short, I took old one out and put new one in. My QUESTION is, how do I connect the new fan to the connector? The new fan does't just bolt on to the connector, it has 2 wires, 1 black and 1 blue. The connector has a 1 black and 1 red. I plugged blue-red and black-back. Took my car out for a drive for 10 minutes, and fan doesn't seem to turn on. My temperature was not going up, it was normal which is good. Anybody know how I can figure out how I can connect the fan to the connector?

Thanks!

RonJ

Banned
Did you bleed the cooling system?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Move the heater knob all the way to the right, and blast the heat while running the engine. Correct me if I'm wrong Ron.

em1civicsi

5+ Year Member
When you said to try this, I tried it, fan doesn't come on, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the wiring....?

em1civicsi

5+ Year Member
If you short the unplugged fan switch connector with a jumper wire, does the fan run?
I'm sorry, I have no idea what your talking about lol. I'm a noob, if you can elaborate in a more understanding way it would be more helpful.

I'll take pictures tomorrow, that will be easier I think.

RonJ

Banned
The switch for the radiator fan is screwed into the thermostat housing. Unplug the 2-wire connector and short the two terminals of the connector with a paperclip or piece of wire.

em1civicsi

5+ Year Member
The switch for the radiator fan is screwed into the thermostat housing. Unplug the 2-wire connector and short the two terminals of the connector with a paperclip or piece of wire.
I understand to unplug the 2 wire connectors but what do you mean to short the two terminals? Sorry if I'm annoying you, I just want to learn =)