00 si headers and exhaust opinions please i need feedback

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly a header isn't gonna add too much, if anything look for a used jdm exhaust manifold (may be able to get it cheaper) i have magnaflow for my exhaust and i love that s**t, SO MANY ppl told me it would be raspy and so on but honestly its deep as hell (especially in vtec) and its the lowest price one out there that is quality (lifetime warranty) the diff between the 4-2-1 compared to 4-1 is the 4-2-1 will give better low end and the 4-1 will provide better top end so take your pick accordingly but like i said i don't think it would be enough to warrant spending the $$ for it, just BOOST ;)

JadeRaven

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm currently running a Greddy EVO catback with no other performance mods (other than a K&N drop-in filter, but that doesn't really count) and I really love the sound. Also the fitment and quality of the Greddy is top notch, and I haven't had any problems with it.

I haven't decided on a header yet, all I'd be really going for is the sound and I like it the way it is. From what I know about 4-1 and 4-2-1 is this: Do you rev your car way high up all the time for power? If so, go 4-1. If you're not redlining all the time go for the 4-2-1. But I don't have a header yet, just what I've picked up over the years.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i were you this is what i would do....since your from Long Island i'm guessing your carb laws aren't anything like CA's right? well if it isn't then go with some megan racing headers it will cost you about $150 bucks or so....then get a greddy evo, sp or apexi ws2 or rsr exmag....anyone of these exhuasts will look good and give a good amount of performance....

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just talked to a guy today that bought an evo, he had an Si and is selling his DC stainless 4-1 header, and random technology high flow cat. Could probably get it for you for $400 plus shipping. Remember parts have never been installed. He asked if i wanted them, but keeping mine stock.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude.. this is my honest opinion and i really believe it is a good one. DO NOT waste your money on a DC header... not that they are bad, but your just as well off buying a no name header because it will be a cookie cutter copy of the dc design. Jdmcarboy.com has a decent one for 200 that is the exact same as a dc.. the megan racing one is the same as well. If i was you I would dig up a oem jdm itr header...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if it were me, i wouldnt waste any time or money on a header unless youre going to do some serious N/A mods. otherwise its just not worth it. i/e is suffecient enough for noise pollution

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I put a Megan header on my teg, didnt really fit right, sat against my oil pan. Wouldnt buy it again.