01 cluster in 98?

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone have a right up for this? I know someone selling a 01 cluster for 150. It didnt look like it would fit directly. I didnt get a chance to look at the back to see if it had the same style plugs. all I know is theres a spot for a screw at the top in the middle and the 6th gen has them on the corner. any help

Last edited:

Kryten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was wondering the same thing too

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn your the only response and no help lol, one thing I noticed is that the odometer is digital like the s2000 and when someone tried the s2000 the speedometer didnt work or something. bump

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i dont know too much about the 7th gen clusters, but its likely you will have absolutely no odometer functionality at all. i am not aware of any way to get that to work.

the gauges, however, shouldnt be too much of a problem. again, i dont know the 7th gen clusters too well, but its possible/likely that you will have to re-pin the plugs from the harnes that plug into the cluster.

as cool as they may look.. i dunno if it would be worth it. get a gsr cluster... those are pretty pimp too. lol. and i can help you out step by step with that... cuz i did it in my car.... twice. lol.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aww man thanks, have a pic of the gsr cluster? I dont think Ive ever seen one

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehh... its nothing special (integra cluster). might as well get a JDM cluster or somethin. but if you could get that 01 one to work thatd be pimp

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackEJ84 said:
it will fit, ive seen it done on honda-tech before. do some searches.
thanks man I got some hw to do

ehh... its nothing special (integra cluster). might as well get a JDM cluster or somethin. but if you could get that 01 one to work thatd be pimp
yea that would be pimp 8)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you can do it.. it would be pretty sweet. I have an 03 and I love my cluster.. I think you'd like it a lot too.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greenlx777 said:
crap...thats alot of splicing
yeah, that's tedious. And the cluster leaves gaps in the housing so you need to mod that too.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
If you can do it.. it would be pretty sweet. I have an 03 and I love my cluster.. I think you'd like it a lot too.
yea I hope I can get it to work, that cluster is so clean and unique
8)

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
yea I hope I can get it to work, that cluster is so clean and unique
8)
I'm wondering, even if you could, how you would go from an analog odometer to a digital one?

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol calculate, Ill just change my oil every 2 months to play it safe

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
aww man thanks, have a pic of the gsr cluster? I dont think Ive ever seen one
nope, lol. i dont show it off.. cuz i'm not happy with it.

my car had another problem where its interior lights dont work anymore. i havent been able to fix that, so i dont show off my cluster... cuz it doesnt light up either. night driving > me.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
O i have a similar problem but i think its just my cluster,some of the numbers dont light up as well as the others. hopefully when i get a new one my problem will go away