02 sensor placement

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
Ok i have a 2000 civic Lx stock d . I changed out the exhaust manifold and installed a header . Ok SO i have the top 02 sensor installed the second was 2 far away for the stock wire to reach (i expected this ) .The position of the second sensor is at the end of the down pipe BUT it wont fit because theres not enough top clearance. HERE is my question i have a CEL do i need to install a high flor cat since i took the stock on off and if so were do i put the sensor and the cat? if i dont install a cat can i just go to a muffler shop and have them weld a o2 bong on the side of the header towards the other hole?

i do live in cali and have emissions laws which i dont care for i just dont want the CEL

any imput would be apreciated

this is the stock placement photo

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
Yeah man get a high flow cat best way thats what I'm doing my self and pick up an 02 extension wire jhpusa.com has them roughly 24 in long

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
ok thats what i was thinking and as far as the cat it will just connect to the down pipe of the header? and i put the 02 sensor after the cat or have muffler shop weld a bong at the end of the cat?

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
nevermind i just found a cat with the bong for the 02 yea boy lol