04-05 coupe lip kit?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does anyone have 04-05 Civic coupe lip kit? I have seen it before and now I can't find it anywhere. If you have pictures or website, please post!

And an off topic question for joe, is it really necessary to lock every thread that has been "answered?" Would it hurt to just leave it alone? Maybe there are other people who would like to reply with a better answer or a suggestion?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
Does anyone have 04-05 Civic coupe lip kit? I have seen it before and now I can't find it anywhere. If you have pictures or website, please post!

And an off topic question for joe, is it really necessary to lock every thread that has been "answered?" Would it hurt to just leave it alone? Maybe there are other people who would like to reply with a better answer or a suggestion?
Locking it keeps out the BS and whoring. BUT, if the thread creator ever wants me to reopen it then I'd be more than happy to do so. I only close threads that require a definite answer. I try to leave those open to debate... open.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here are some photos I shot of a coupe with a lip kit. I'm pretty sure it was a factory lip (car looked new plus the owners were older and looked less likely to be interested in modifying import cars). Anyway, it looks good to me.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, that guy's doing the gangsta lean in the second pic haha. the lip kit does look very nice tho

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow.. that kit looks GREAT... and it actually makes me like the 04 - 05s... hmmm

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Locking it keeps out the BS and whoring. BUT, if the thread creator ever wants me to reopen it then I'd be more than happy to do so. I only close threads that require a definite answer. I try to leave those open to debate... open.
Thank you

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow that kit looks awesome.. My muffler tip is really big.. I wonder if the kit would fit.. So, does anyone know where to get it? Honda Dealership?

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that pic up there is the oem aero lip kit. theres a tsunami lip kit on ebay but its ugly. 99-00 civic lip kits will fit on 2004-2005 civics too.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would you guys prefer lip kit or a full body kit and why? I would think lip kit has a better quality than body kit.. don't know if that's true or not.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lip kit > body kit imho

As far as lips being higher quality, that's not always true. Some lips have shitty manufacturnig I'd think. OEM is the way to go as far as lip kits though. I just think they look better plus they'll always fit. Aftermarket doesn't always fit.

If I had a '04-'05 coupe, I'd get that kit. Oh, and I find it unlikely that the '99-'00 lip kits fit the '04-'05 cars. :what: I don't think they'd line up right with the grill. The measurements as far as lenth, width, and wheelbase are close, but I'm not convinced they're close enough to be able to share parts with.

Code:
[b]Coupe Vehicle Dimensions

Specification		'96-'00		'01-'04[/b]
Wheelbase, in.		103.2		103.1
Overall Length, in.	175.1		174.7
Overall Width, in.	67.1		66.7

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think that lip kit looks amazing. Go with that.

and no problem ;)

bloodstaindpyro

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I also think it's a good looking kit... just can't afford it right now...

And I was also wondering about that 99-00 match up... I'd like to see proof of a 99/00 lip on a 04/05, but until then I'm calling BS

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not BS. there a member on 7thgencivic.com that has it on right now.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pics? Member name maybe instead so we can look for more pics?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not BS. Somebody posted pics up here on CC at one point.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay, I did some research and found some photos. Come to find out, they do fit, just not superbly. Apparently the '99-'00 lip is more flat in some areas. I also hear the sides don't match up perfect on all styles of lips and it looks like on the JUN lip at least (or other lips that would "hang" off the lower grill on the '99-'00), the middle section sits too high up.

You can see in this photo where the side lines don't quiet match up.

And here's another photo of the OEM aero lip kit.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh wow, look at the black civic with silver 99-00 lip kit, isnt that hot or what?? Man, I don't know if I should get the oem aero lip kit or that 99-00 kit. They both are so hot. What do you guys think?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd get the OEM areo lip kit. That '99-'00 lip will need modification to fit right. It's too tall through the middle and would need to be trimmed.