04 Civic Turbo?

cyberbobrs

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, I'm really new to any type of performance mods, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book or other resource that would help me learn all the basics bout turbochargers and everything that goes with them. I'm going to be getting a 04' Civic shortly and already know I want it to be faster. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try this out

go to barnes and noble and pick up some books too. or try google...its a search engine...

d17VTEC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly, if you want a really really fast car... the new civic might not be your best bet. i love my d17 but money spent making it fast could just be used to buy a better engine... ie k20a2 or a different car.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are turbos out for the d17, but id rather get a k20, even the si k20 would be a better engine.

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a diff between the k20 thats in the RSX and the k20 thats in the civic SI?

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CFactor
Is there a diff between the k20 thats in the RSX and the k20 thats in the civic SI?
They share different intake manifolds. The K20A3 in the DC5 is plastic while the one in the EP3 is alluminum. The difference in manifolds gives the EP3 a slight advantage over the DC5 as I believe the EP3 is making slightly more low-end torque. Everything else I believe is the same.

G.J.

EP Racer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K20 in the RSX-S is different than the one in the SI and the base RSX. There is a extra lobe on the cam for the VTEC system *i believe it was for the exhaust, but cant remember for sure right now*. Its just one of the reasons it pushes out 200hp versus 160.

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the RSX-S' engine(K20A2) has a different tranny thats it, everything else is the same as an EP3's K-Series engine but i think the TSX's engine is kinda the same as the RSX and Civic Si right?

sivaji

cerritos represent
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say get a k20A!!!!!
hehe thats the greatest! lol
civic/integra type r engine.
220 hp
but yea its a bit pricey..
i plan on putting that into my 03 civic si once it turns into a car i can f**k around with. but as for now.. im making it "pretty" haha.

eventually my car is going to become a crap one. till then.. fix to make her look pretty!