06 Honda Civic: Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, W/Compass

NickTurner4

Hello everyone,

I installed an Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, W/Compass (08V03-SDA-100B) in my 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX. I followed the Bernardi Parts install manual (linked below) for guidance on the installation. The mirror worked fine the first night and on the second, it stopped working altogether. I checked the 1A fuse attached to it and it was blown. I went to AutoZone and purchased a replacement fuse, but it is still malfunctioning. thinking I had damaged the mirror, I purchased another one, but that one too is not turning on. I was wondering if anyone had this issue before and what things I could look for to get it working again.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Is it continuously blowing out the fuse? If so then there is a fault to ground causing the fuse to blow. If it continues you should warranty replace the mirror kit.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Looks like a plug in play installation so there shouldn't being anything you need to splice from the looks of it. So if the fuse is blowing, something internally of the mirror is shorting out. Would explain why its not functioning as well.

NickTurner4

Looks like a plug in play installation so there shouldn't being anything you need to splice from the looks of it. So if the fuse is blowing, something internally of the mirror is shorting out. Would explain why its not functioning as well.
I have an update. =)

The 10 A fuse in slot 36 was blown. I also replaced the blown 1 A fuse and got the mirror to power on again. I fixed it yesterday and it's still working this morning. I'm in a little bit of a new pickle because some other stuff is not working. The lights behind the HVAC buttons, the steering wheel controls (audio and cruise control), and the blue accent light don't work now. I'm hoping to find a solution soon.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have an update. =)

The 10 A fuse in slot 36 was blown. I also replaced the blown 1 A fuse and got the mirror to power on again. I fixed it yesterday and it's still working this morning. I'm in a little bit of a new pickle because some other stuff is not working. The lights behind the HVAC buttons, the steering wheel controls (audio and cruise control), and the blue accent light don't work now. I'm hoping to find a solution soon.
Start checking those fuses for those sub systems. Pretty wild that after installing a factory OE option that other systems would begin to be shorted out. For other systems to go dead, they must be sharing the same ground connection perhaps.

NickTurner4

Start checking those fuses for those sub systems. Pretty wild that after installing a factory OE option that other systems would begin to be shorted out. For other systems to go dead, they must be sharing the same ground connection perhaps.
I ended up having to replace the 7.5 Amp fuse in slot #14. Everything seems back to normal now. I haven’t had any issues in the last 4-5 days. I do believer it was a bad ground because I ended up replacing the little loop thing on the black wire. It bolts on the same, but there’s no loosenesses from the wire anymore.

I will be trying to install some fog lights soon. I have located a set from a Civic Si I hope to pull from this weekend.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sweet lets see some photos of the entire car :nopics: