07 civic lx turbo charger?

dburke3

Hey guys I have a 2007 civic lx. I am really looking to try and build it up into a solid car over the next few years. One thing I am looking to do is to put a turbo charger on it. Being a rookie with this stuff I am not sure of what doing that entails. For example will the mechanics of an lx be able to handle throwing a turbo charger on or do I need to invest in more than just the turbo charger? If you guys could give me all the help you have to offer that would be great. Thanks!

ajmichelson

Hey, The R18 is actually a good platform for turboing (internal exhaust mani, low friction block, numerous reasons) what you will need is a turbo mani, engine/fuel management such as Hondata, intercooler with piping, larger freer flowing exhaust, bigger injectors, and I recommend upgrading your clutch and heat protection under the hood, especially the electronic steering motor and wires. A better flowing fuel pump like a 255lph is great. A few other odds and ends including a wastegate if your turbo doesn't have one, a blowoff valve, and a place or a shop to tune it. Those are the main needs.