07 SI Coupe + NOS Dry Wet?

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 07 si. Have CAI and Race Header. Don't want to go turbo. Thinking of trying NOS out. Should it be safe. I know wet is better but for some reason would dry be the better way to go?

what are your thoughts. Don't want guessing here.

Any 8th gen si guys running NOS?

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wouldn't do it i heard alot of bad s**t about spraying, that will wear down your engine to fast and well its could be very deadly if you were to crash

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why no turbo? If management is your issue.. wait it out.. focus on other mods in the meantime.. ;].. or just save up for turbo and all other components haha. Theres 2 guys I know of that are running NOS off the top of my head...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldn't do it i heard alot of bad s**t about spraying, that will wear down your engine to fast and well its could be very deadly if you were to crash
everything you just said is basicly wrong..

i sprayed for over 5 years.. and over 1000 lbs of nitrous.. motor is FINALLY dying... keep in mind i drive a 98 ex with 130k+ miles....

secondly nitrous is NOT flamable.. its an oxidizer.. AND most kits sold today come with a DOT approved tank..

nitrous CAN destroy your motor.. but so can ANY power adder over time..

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why no turbo? If management is your issue.. wait it out.. focus on other mods in the meantime.. ;].. or just save up for turbo and all other components haha. Theres 2 guys I know of that are running NOS off the top of my head...
Other components as in what besides the turbo?

everything you just said is basicly wrong..

i sprayed for over 5 years.. and over 1000 lbs of nitrous.. motor is FINALLY dying... keep in mind i drive a 98 ex with 130k+ miles....

secondly nitrous is NOT flamable.. its an oxidizer.. AND most kits sold today come with a DOT approved tank..

nitrous CAN destroy your motor.. but so can ANY power adder over time..
I thought that was funny on fast and the furious...the car blew up cause of NOS. I konw not isn't flamable...says it right on the bottle

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no i know its not flamable but i know of a guy that crashed and the bottle ruptured form the pressure, it had to be a hard ass hit or a bad bottle but s**t the car and him were gone,

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i know its not flamable but i know of a guy that crashed and the bottle ruptured form the pressure, it had to be a hard ass hit or a bad bottle but s**t the car and him were gone,
installed correctly.. the bottle is BOLTED to the car with 4 huge ass bolts.. and then clamped in place.. this is GENERALLY within the passenger compartment or trunk.. to be in a bad enough accident where that comes into play... would PROBABLY be an accident bad enough to where as the factor of the bottle was pretty small.. meaning that the bottle was not secured correctly.. OR your friend was dead before the bottle even broke.. just saying..

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A 75 Shot would be fine. But seriously think it over I dont think you want to void your warrenty.

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My experience with nitrous wasn't all that bad, just run the colder plugs, don't go with shot thats too big. Play on the safe side, a 50shot seems to go on just about anything. Of course I don't really know how you plan on retarding ignition timing on a newer car.

I never sprayed below 3K rpm, never in 1st gear, go with a WOT, Mallory, or push button switch to stop spray before redline. Rev-limiter + Nitrous = Disaster without doubt.

Oh..definitely.......READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... I've known people who popped motors on nitrous simply because they didn't follow the suggested rules.

Please don't call it NOS, it sounds really uneducated. Unless you're referring specifically to Nitrous Oxide Systems...

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
installed correctly.. the bottle is BOLTED to the car with 4 huge ass bolts.. and then clamped in place.. this is GENERALLY within the passenger compartment or trunk.. to be in a bad enough accident where that comes into play... would PROBABLY be an accident bad enough to where as the factor of the bottle was pretty small.. meaning that the bottle was not secured correctly.. OR your friend was dead before the bottle even broke.. just saying..
well this kid did all of his s**t half ass so most likely he didn't secure it properly and well its just went boom but the coraner said that teh bottle rupturing was what killed him cuz he got hit in the rea where the bottle was and well he got hit hard.

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Components such as Boost controller, exhaust, and whatnot. Make sure you're sure of what route you're going before you purchase an intake, exhaust and all other related products ESPECIALLY the reflash, because its a huge waste of money. Wheels.. you'll always want new ones but you can get somewhat of a good return on them.
If I were to have a bone stock si right now, I'd first research suspension and get a good set of coilovers. I now know why people focus on one area, and this in particular, because theres one of the highest aftermarket supports in this area at the moment, so its the best to start in right now.