07 si tranny?

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
Ok so my 07 si has just been giving me issues.. First it was the TERRIBLE feed back in the radio.. then the headliner just wouldn't stay attached.. Well new problems.. I promise this is just my luck! Soo here's the problems now.. the little one first.. some guy pulled in front of me and I held in the horn.. it cuts out.. no one believe me until my fiance was driving the car and he used the horn and it cut out again.. Well I was driving about a month ago and it popped out of 3rd when I shifted the car.. I was like well maybe I didn't get it in all the way.. my dad drove the car and it did it to him.. my fiance drove it and it did it to him.. soo I decided to take it in for both those issues.. well I get a phone call about 2:30ish saying it's my tranny.. GREAT! the car only has 8000 miles on it and I dont drive it hard @ all.. I think I hit v-tech maybe 5 times and I've had it for 8 months. They said it's because I drive with my hand on the shifter.. well sorry to break there little hearts but I don't drive like that cause I know it causes problems.. I don't even do that when I drive an automatic.. Since I'm not 18 they can't give us one of there cars.. and they are being cheap asses and won't give me a rental.. so now I have to go and fight with them tomorrow about paying another car rental place so I can get a car... Did I mention they will have my car for a week?????? I have school that is about 45 mins away and I also work.. Is anyone else having issues??? Or is it only me??

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Sometimes when I go to shift into 3rd it misses, but since I only drive my as a pleasure car and not a daily driver, I figured it was just difference of vehicles, but I'm starting to think otherwise, but isn't yours under warrenty? If mine goes out it should just be replaced since I have 7 year/100k mile bumper to bumper and the car is less than 90 days old anyway and could be replaced by a dealership under the Ohio Lemon Law for about 30 more days.

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
Sometimes when I go to shift into 3rd it misses, but since I only drive my as a pleasure car and not a daily driver, I figured it was just difference of vehicles, but I'm starting to think otherwise, but isn't yours under warrenty? If mine goes out it should just be replaced since I have 7 year/100k mile bumper to bumper and the car is less than 90 days old anyway and could be replaced by a dealership under the Ohio Lemon Law for about 30 more days.
ya they are covering it.. they weren't going to cause my shift forks were bent and they are trying to blame me for driving the car to hard.. isn't the case since I never get on it! My actually missed 2nd last night so the problem just keeps gettin worse!!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everyone that was having problems with it popping out of 3rd just replaced the tranny fluid and it fixed it. the horn on the other hand.. i dunno

millatime

5+ Year Member
Ya mine sometimes doesn't go into third if i don't push the clutch to the floor. Really annoying. Also if i tap the clutch sometimes, it will pop out of third. Changing the fluid at 5,000 miles?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they changed it to, i think, amsoil syncromesh or something like that. and it really hellped. but i dunno i dont own an si

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
well I went down and talked to them today.. they are rebuilding my tranny (same guy who redid the type r) and getting me a rental while it's in the shop.. YAY!!!

and i don't think it's the fluid that is the issue

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Mine missed third today and bounced off the rev limiter with two temperature dots....

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have been having the same problem i just got back from florida, and while i was driving out there when i go to put it into third the grears rind and the clutch is in all the way or like in all of your guys case it pops out but are you guys sure that all i need to dois get the tranny fluid replaced cuz s**t if that is the case i will have my guy at the dealer do my oil and tranny

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
i believe my car goes in on tues so I'll let you know what they say.. I think it's more then the fluids though.

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its almost like I have to push it into third harder then all of the other gears...almost like the syncros aren't lining up. i assume thats what it would be.

DaltonSD

5+ Year Member
Yeah... I have the same problem...
I have to push really hard to get into third sometimes... It all depends if my car is mad at me or not...

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
well it's in the shop so we'll see what they say.. the mechanical called off today so it's just sitting there but HOPEFULLY they'll get it fixed by friday cause I can't keep driving around this truck... it's too big to take anywhere. lol