10k mile oil change?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use full synthetic and I do it every 3,000 usually, sometimes it'll end up being 3,500 before I get to it but when I check my oil at 3,000 it definitely needs it, if I let it go 5,000 it would not be good. I seem to burn oil also.

dabz1981

5+ Year Member
3000, 5000, 10000... change it whenever you want just make sure you're not running dry!!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i've talk to people who never heard of an oil change or they laugh if they have and their car runs fine till they finally change it, then shits starts leaking and what not.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got my car with 45.000 miles on it the last day of Febuary, changed the oil the first day...three months later and 15,000 miles was the second oil change...Mobil 1 Full Synthetic it says it is guaranteed to 15,000 miles...so what is wrong about using it up to that point if it is guaranteed and you keep a record of your change??? I have always wondered that question...

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
They say 5k for harder driving and 10k for easy driving. I just split the difference. Mobil 1 full synthetic.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maxlife + LC20 every 5-6 k for me. the oil can go 10k no problem, but filter i dont like keeping that long.