12v power in trunk

JMike

Does anyone know of a 12v power source in the trunk on a 2007 Civic LX?

I just want to get access to a live 12v source that won't be pulling much power but I hate to have to run a wire all the way up to the battery.

I can see that the trunk light has power all the time and that might be an easy source but don't have a wiring diagram so not sure where I could tap into that power source (or where the activation switch is that activates that light.

Any help would be appreciated.

JMike

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you want to do?

motakitty

If you're looking to power an amp then you'd want to run straight from the battery

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please describe what you wish to power. If its a very low power consumption application, then piggy-backing one of the light wires may suffice. You may need a dedicated line of power if your application demands more power.

JMike

I actually just installed a trailer hitch on our civic. I installed the trailer light harness and the one I used requires a separate 12v source to load isolate the trailer from the main light system. The trailer I'll be using only has the brake/turn/running lights on the back so it doesn't draw that much current.

I know I should run the source directly to the battery but hate having to drill a hole from the trunk just to run the 12v line all the way to the front end.

Currently I decided to just use a cigarette lighter plug that I ran the 12v line into it so when I actually use my trailer, I can just run the cord through the back seat opening and just plug it into the power outlet. For now that will work but if there is something I can tap into the trunk for it would just be a little easier.

Otherwise I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thank you,
JMike