15 offset on ej8??

Themegajosh09

anyone post pics of a ej8 with a 15 offset i cant seem to find any and im not sure if is have rubing probs or not. thanks

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. What would be the point of posting a +15 offset WITHOUT A SPECIFIC WIDTH of the wheel?! It makes a big difference. On to of that, tire size plays a part, ride height, spring rates, and/or fender modification

Themegajosh09

CHILD said:
Lol. What would be the point of posting a +15 offset WITHOUT A SPECIFIC WIDTH of the wheel?! It makes a big difference. On to of that, tire size plays a part, ride height, spring rates, and/or fender modification
im looking for a general idea. lets go with 15 offset 15 inch wheel 7.5 wide 195 50 that better?

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I've never seen a wheel in those specs.. try a 15x8 +15 you will need camber, a little fender work and some stretch.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes that's actually better, but a very uncommon wheel size and offset. So finding a picture of it will be hard, but if you can do math, you'll know that with those specs, the wheel well sit past the outer edge of the car with 0 camber. Running will depend on a lot of variables, with that given size, ride height, fender modification, and camber will all play a part.

Themegajosh09

95coupeWI said:
I've never seen a wheel in those specs.. try a 15x8 +15 you will need camber, a little fender work and some stretch.
i have found many wheels with these specs. i was looking at a set of str wheels. im tired of having 17" konigs

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15x7 & 7.5 is a normal rim option imo...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats true i guess. Im not into the offset deal. My apologies.

Themegajosh09

well i wasnt really looking to know how common the offset was. i know it exist because i found it. i just wanted a simple pic with someone with a simular set up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well if its not very popular then ur gonna have a problem finding a picture of it right?

Themegajosh09

CHILD said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mymmeryloss

Well if its not very popular then ur gonna have a problem finding a picture of it right?

Let him read it a few more times, he'll get it lol.
i said SIMULAR set up. in other words i just want to see how a 15 offset looks as long as its 15 offset i dont care as long as you tell me the other specs. guess i have learned no one wants to help. this forum is pointless smh

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
For some odd reason thought this said 8th gen revised. . As for being helpful its still a try to learn to help your self at times like this. Go to Google type in ej8 civic 15 offset wheels then get to searching. That's the best I can really offer you. If you find one try and find out what they did. If I was you as well I would do plenty more research on how this will affect your ride and everything else.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i said SIMULAR set up. in other words i just want to see how a 15 offset looks as long as its 15 offset i dont care as long as you tell me the other specs.
You seem to not understand wheel offset at all.

a +15 offset on a 6.5" rim is nothing like a +15 offset on a 8" rim. The fitment on a ej8 would be dramatic between the two, as well as camber, and all that would be involved with making it fit without rubbing. Something similar like you say, would not help your cause. I have a 15x8 +25 on 205/50's, that's similar, just 10mm higher offset and half an inch wider rim....but they are worlds apart when it comes to putting them on an ej8. Your best bet is either google and hope you find a pic with the exact specs you're asking about....or simply LEARN TO DO MATH and calculate the fitment. 25.4mm = 1inch <-- a simple conversion that can help you figure out your fitment for any wheel and tire combo.

you've been helped, you just don't realize how involved your question is. You would think we're all jerks if we should you a similar size, said it fits, you go out and get your 7.5" +15 offset wheel and some tires and find that you're rubbing the brand name off the tire and doing 16 point turns (exaggerating to prove a point)

This is coming from experience. I personally have been progressively buying wider and lower offset wheels. If I would have done the math the first damn time, i would have two sets of wheel worth of money in my bank still.