16" or 17" on 5th gen hatch?

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
I'm looking into the drag wheels DR-16's in gold. (I like these better than the rota gt3's because the gold is a little darker) I had 15's on my civic previous to this and found they were an alright size but were a little small. Basicly I'm looking for opinions and maybe even pictures of 16's or 17's on a 5th gen hatch. My car car is not dropped at the moment but will be in the future. My concern is that 17" on a hatch might be overkill, and 16 might look funny on a dropped car. Opinions please!

Jase

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stick to 15's bro' i had the same problem as you a while ago... thinkin about going 16's .. but yeah... 15's look best on a 5th gen hatch

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd run 15s if I had a 5th gen hatch..

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fifteens - I have a 6th gen hatch with 17's (the wheels came with it) and they look way too big :( getting some fifteens sometime this summer

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4th gen - 14's - 15's

5th gen - 15's

6th gen - 16's

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15's would look fine on a HB.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
15 imo..

but if you want bigger, 16 should be the highest..

DRAGWORKS

5+ Year Member
ihave 16 in wheels on my hatch and I like it but I woudnt go any larger. It will look like a roller skatewith 17s on it!!

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
DRAGWORKS said:
here is a sample of my car with 16 in wheels!

I decided on 15's thanks! Just curious though, those carbon fiber trunks they sell for the eg hatches are just the outer skin right? Are they just stuck on with 3m tape to the original, or they replace the outer skin completely? I was looking for a seem on my hatch trunk to see where I can seperate the 2 but no such luck. Can I assume that all the inner workings are exposed on the inside? or the oem plastic still covers it?

DRAGWORKS

5+ Year Member
the one I have on my car is actually the entire hatch. You have to transfer all of the lock and latch mech. over but, it is an entire copy of the metal hatch.

mastertee31

5+ Year Member
the mags I decided on have a 40 offset... Does this mean the tire will stick out 40mm? (I'm going for the deep old school look)

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jezek said:
4th gen - 14's - 15's

5th gen - 15's

6th gen - 16's
i agree with this logic...:cool: