16s or 17s

cadieux_j

5+ Year Member
Alright Im buying new rims this spring....can't decide, 16s or 17s?
Ive got a 1999 EJ8, some people say go 17 to fill the wheel well, and others say stick with 16....suggestions?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'd go with 16" over 17", but I'd go with 15" over all of them. It's really upto you.

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some 15" or 16". A 17" rim is just too big for a Civic.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buy my 16"s.

See siggy

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 17's and am wishing i would have gotten 16's.

15's are lame. 17's are overrated. 16's are juuuuust right.

kynetguy

5+ Year Member
I would go with 15's for about 4lb or so savings per wheel if you don't want to drag down performance. (over 16's. . .17's are even more weeight) If you are shooting for looks only, then pick which you like the best.

(That is 4 lbs of UNSPRUNG ROTATING weight. At 55mph that is equal to....a lot of sprung weight. Not sure the conversion)

Depending on which rim you get, the look will vary. For example, I think a Polished lip and a colord center makes the wheel "appear" smaller than a solid color rim. But in reality, a 15 with 195/50-15's and a 16 with 205/45-16 tires are going to look pretty close IMHO. But the 15's will save you some $$$ with initial purchase, replacement tires, performance and fuel economy.

17's are just insanely heavy and costly. But its all about what YOU like.

gusunit

5+ Year Member
If you get 17" its not going to fill your wheel well, its going to look raised and ugly. i did it and i had to lower my car and it rubs a lot in the back. I work at americas tires/dicount tire.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 17s..some people think its 18s cause my car is dropped so low...i was gona buy danks rims but...i gotta pay for school