17" Rims on a 1992 Honda Civic EG4 Hatch

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just both a set of 17" for my hatch.

What do I have to modify to fit these in?
I have to cut the fenders a bit wider and remove the mud gurads of the front tires.
Am I right?

+ do you think that they are too big for the car? WIll it scrap on the walls, or when turning?
I need feedback from people with experience please as i'm relatively new!!

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jipstar said:
I just both a set of 17" for my hatch.

What do I have to modify to fit these in?
I have to cut the fenders a bit wider and remove the mud gurads of the front tires.
Am I right?

+ do you think that they are too big for the car? WIll it scrap on the walls, or when turning?
I need feedback from people with experience please as i'm relatively new!!
you'll be fine. i would've gone smaller for a hatch though.

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank.
but why would you go smaller? because they will look too big, bec. of performance.
Thanks!

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
perfromance and size related to body...
bigger rim more weight, bigger rim and maller car cartoon

imo on a 5th gen 15's are best... 16's look good too, but i would have gone 15
on ek - 17's look best but not best for performance...

in the end remmer its ur ride do as u will

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jipstar said:
Thank.
but why would you go smaller? because they will look too big, bec. of performance.
Thanks!
They will look way too big. The biggest I would go is 16's

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jipstar said:
Thank.
Thanks!
both reasons... if you were boosted it would be fine to have 17's, but still they look big on hatches. you dont have to take out the fender wells if you dont drop it so low. it would be ok. its all up to you....

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my rule of thumb is 15's on hatches and 16's max on coupes or sedans

Mister_Perkins

Team Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 17" MSR rims on my civic coupe, and I have lots of space in my tire well .. even if I dropped my civic 2" it still would have room. You'll be fine.

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only problem your going to have is if u want to lower it then ull be in a tight spot, in my opinion a good 15 or 16 by 6.5 looks much nicer on an everyday car, ull bend those 17's quiclly if u like to dive your car even the lsightest bit hard.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO....17's on a 92-95 aint kickin it. Just 1 size too large...

OTownBling

Bling Bling
5+ Year Member
I have 17s and i didnt cut my fenders or even take out my inner fenders and my car is Droped i think its 4" all around now i think lol

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I put on the 17" rims and I noticed that the part that you tighten/loosen your rims with fits exactly in the whole of the rim nut, thus slightly scrathing it. Is this normal? Thanks

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well a coupes wheel well is quite a bit bigger with a little bit of camber they tuck nicly a hatch cant do that very well

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont go 17's dude......15's or 16's, hell even 14's are better than 17's. Not on any 4th gen or 5th gen.

chitownracing

5+ Year Member
i get 17's on my 95 civic coupe, dropped 3 1/2 all around never had a problem with it, or having to cut into anything. Looked bad at first before i lowered it but looks really good lowered

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the reason why 17's are not the best pic if your building a performance car:

1) the added weight of the rims
2) your giving ur car a larger radius to turn, so car needs to use more force to spin the wheel once than it had to before.
3) You rin thinner tires, so u are more prone to damaging them and denting ur wheels.