1992 Civic Engine help

ProudGreek

Hi all, I just bought a 1992 Honda Civic LXi for $500 (which is dirt cheap here in NZ).
It needs a smidge of work done to it, it needs new CV boots on front brakes, it needs a new carb belt, and a new radiator.
I just want some opinions on my plans:
I want to attach a pod filter to the engine as after having a explore round my engine and the local auto mod shop my filter (a flat filter in a box) is dirty and pod filter is cheap in NZ ($40-50) <- which is cheap in NZ currency.
And a idea I had was to buy a performance radiator instead of a boring normal radiator, would this be a good idea?? Or should I just get a normal radiator?

Basically the engine and car has had no attention properly payed to it, and it hasnt gone in for regular services and hasnt had parts replaced when they should. So its all dirty and on verge of giving up. :(

And one more question while I'm at it, is there anyway to 'fix' the clutch as the clutch is a bit grindy and I need to push the clutch considerably far in until it engages. Because I'm sick of stalling the car, it looks very embaressing at a roundabout... :oops:

Should I attach photos of the engine as reference??

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At this point the best bet is to do a motor swap. A motor swap will fix most your problems since you might have to get a new tranny anyway. As for a radiator, you can either order one off eBay or site sponsors

ProudGreek

How much would a engine swap set me back? Am a student so cant afford anything above... $50 hahaha