1992 Civic Engine Light come on constantly when braking to come off highway

mahmi

My 1992 Honda Civic seems like it drives weird on the highway.The engine light comes on everytime I brake to come off my daily highway drive (which is about a 30 minute ride straight). Then when I brake at the stop light, i hear it revying down and up a little with a little start. When I finally pull in the drive way and put the civic in park it almost seems as it want to shut off it gets so low. If I turn the car off and start it back off the engine light disappears. I had my distributor changed because it had been siting for a year and the battery died and had a problem starting up. I also did a full tune up. What could be going on?

RonJ

Banned
Click CEL link in my signature to learn how to pull the CEL codes. Next time the CEL turns on, pull over, leave engine running, and pull the CEL codes. My guess is that you'll retrieve code 14, but don't do anything until you have pulled the CEL codes.

mahmi

Click CEL link in my signature to learn how to pull the CEL codes. Next time the CEL turns on, pull over, leave engine running, and pull the CEL codes. My guess is that you'll retrieve code 14, but don't do anything until you have pulled the CEL codes.

Thank you. I will try this.