Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I'm too young/retarded to know

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I realize it's early in exhibition.. but
who would win between the 1992 and 2008 USA Basketball teams and why?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its hard to say for me, but I'd have to go with 92

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think its to early to compare right now, since they haven't won the Gold yet. And they do have to win gold to compare to the dream team, but one could say the other countries are a lot better than they were back in 1992 & 1996 games.

This team is stacked with talent though.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys are way too young for this. I remember I went to a game back in the day and was the first time I saw Majic, Jordan, Bird, etc.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think any other dream team can top the one from '92 ;)

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
'92 hands down.. if these guys walk in there with the same shitty attitudes/egos the '02 team had, they wont get anywhere either

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you've obviously not been paying attention to what the team has been doing.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not even a game...the 92 team ass pounds the current group of NBA'ers...

the 2008 team might be better athletes...but the 92 team are by far the better players...none of these modern day wanna be rap star wife beating players could stop Barkley from destroying them on the boards...

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you're talking to me, i stopped watching basketball a long ass time ago for that reason. old players used to play for the love of the game and these young bucks are playin for the money. it shows..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is this even a question?

92' dream team was full of some of the best players that have ever played professionally. Given, we have a few very good players in 08, they have NOTHING on the 92 team. Jordan, Barkley, Bird, Magic Johnson.... s**t, you don't even need to include stockton, pippen, malone, Ewing, or the others, they alone would rape the 2008 team.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this even a question?

92' dream team was full of some of the best players that have ever played professionally. Given, we have a few very good players in 08, they have NOTHING on the 92 team. Jordan, Barkley, Bird, Magic Johnson.... s**t, you don't even need to include stockton, pippen, malone, Ewing, or the others, they alone would rape the 2008 team.

We know! :D

but obviously this retard doesn't.....

:retard:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to go with 92 but I think the current team is closer than most people think

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to go with 92 but I think the current team is closer than most people think
I would consider it close if I were to google image "The Dream Team" and the 2008 olympic basket ball team would show up but they don't. google it and see what shows up ;)

there's only one Dream Team as far as I'm concerened and they played in '92

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think the two teams can be compared, the game has changed too much since 1992 and so has the world.

When the Dream Team was spanking the world in 1992 and 1996, the other teams just weren't good at basketball, which has changed since then.

The teams are more competitive now than ever before, and I don't think I'd like to see the 1992 and 2008 even face off, because honestly I'm not sure which team would win now.

But when you say Dream Team, you mean 1992. 2008 is just the US Olympic basketball team.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they kinda barely beat australia. lebron needs to be jumpin over bitches or call in vince carter.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2008 team:
Carmelo Anthony
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
LeBron James