1993 cx hatch head swap

93mohatch

5+ Year Member
i reacently purchaced a 1993 civic cx hatchback it has a 1.5L stock engine and i want to see if you can put a 1.6L head, feul rail, and intake off a 1991 civic crx. and what do you have to do to do it. and will it increase the horsepower and how much?

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its called a mini-me swap, use the search feature here and over at honda-tech.com

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i jus do a swap man lol cx motor is not worth it unless u boost the hell out of the b***h lol but id look toward a swap

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if you boost it youd be better off doing a d16y8 or d16z6 swap. You would get a reliable motor and it would be stock with the same power a turbo d15b8 would have. Not worth the price tag IMO you could get a swap for the same price as a turbo unless you already got one. And if you raised the compression I'm not sure what it would put out but I know its just not worth it.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why the non vtec head? ive seen people but the a6 head on the b7's but i dont see the point.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
swap it man those cx,vx motors are s**t trust me i have one, great for gas miles tho =)