1993 Hatch - DX - Cluster/Taillight/Blinker Lights all out

W00ki3

5+ Year Member
1993 Hatch - DX - Cluster/Taillight/Blinker Lights all out

I was driving just the other day and pulled up to a light and the cluster lights, blinkers and brake lights stopped working. Instantly, I knew it was a fuse, so i replaced it and all was well... Or so I thought. Not even 5 minutes down the road, it happens again. So I go around the car checking all lights in question to see if there is bad wiring somewhere. I can't figure out what is wrong. I will replace the fuse, the lights will work and I go around moving wires to try and see if I can pinpoint the problem, nothing happens. Only when I start to drive, like within ten seconds they blow.

Anyone else have this problem? Where should I look?

Thanks in advance!

W00ki3

5+ Year Member
Soooooo, I'm an idiot. When I put the stereo in, one of the cheap wire ends came off the dimmer/illumination wire and it was grounding out.

Thanks!

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
same thing happened to me, it was everything on the dash too, I don't think it was the brake lights though. I replaced my tail lights and one of the bulbs was moving around inside the socket and it kept blowing fuses. I freaking hate electrical issues. there is so many possibilities of what it could be