1994 Civic CX 1.5L (not original engine)

Golana

5+ Year Member
Need EMERGENCY help!

how do i loosen off the timing belt so i can slip it off without taking the f**kin cam out?
im going insane tring to get the damn upper timing belt cover off.

can someone point me in the right direction... i cant seem to find that 'window' thing with the 14mm bolt in that walkthrough...

i took pictures of how far down i am right now:

what do you guys think so far?

Golana

5+ Year Member
how the hell do you get the timing belt off?! i cant figure it out... im ready to kill now...

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CANADIAN CX = D15B7
USDM CX = D15B8

Remember, in Canada, THEIR trim level is different than ours.

Golana

5+ Year Member
Well, i finished rebuilding it, and it runs fine. had a bit of a delay starting up (no fuel in the fuel rail) but after it got fuel, it was good :D starts up fine like it used to, does everything fine again.

it puffed a bit of white smoke at the beginning, ran it for 10 minutes, white smoke disappreared, it had to burn the rest of the coolant out of the system. all seems well for now :D i gotta wait for my roommate to get back so he can move his truck, then i can take it for a test drive.

Broken_Prop

5+ Year Member
I am in the process of a head gasket replacement as well...I currently am waiting for the head to come back from being cleaned up some. I have a 95 honda civic lx 1.5l D15B7. I was wandering if the head bolts "have" to be replaced. If so......Golana.....where did you get your replacements from for $36.00 (Please Help) all I can find is about $10.00 Each.

Thanks,
Jerry

Golana

5+ Year Member
I am in the process of a head gasket replacement as well...I currently am waiting for the head to come back from being cleaned up some. I have a 95 honda civic lx 1.5l D15B7. I was wandering if the head bolts "have" to be replaced. If so......Golana.....where did you get your replacements from for $36.00 (Please Help) all I can find is about $10.00 Each.

Thanks,
Jerry
holy s**t man... 10.00 each?! i got mine at Napa. i got a friend there now, and he gives me good deals :D it was about 38 something with taxes, for all 10 head bolts. and its usually a good idea to replace them, cause they have been torqued down. if you reuse them, there is a risk of bolt stretching or snapping. and you do NOT want to snap off a bolt inside your head!!!!

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word!
Glad to hear that you got it going and s**t. I never did the 'install' part of the job but with the book and s**t you got it.
I would change that oil out too. Thats about it. Should be good to go until timing belt time. WORD!
B