1994 Civic DX Hatchback will not turn on

96civicexrican

5+ Year Member
I just bought it for $500.00 with 85,000 miles, the damn thing will not turn on watsoever, the guy that I bought it from doesnt know a damn thing about Hondas nor cars and he just had it sitting in his garage for about 4 months without turning on. It does attempt to turn on but its sounds like its the battery BUT I gave the battery a boost and it still wont turn on....the pulleys are a little rusted and they squeek wen attempting to turn. Do you know what I can do to turn this bad boy on??...Thanks

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Swap the battery, check the spark plugs. Does the engine crank over?

96civicexrican

5+ Year Member
wat u mean crank over?...it wants to but it doesnt totally like turn over. like it does have enought energy or something....can u get on ur aim?...my aim is civicexrican96

96civicexrican

5+ Year Member
FIXED!......All we did was swap the battery (which was a given) and lubricated the hell out of the inside of the engine (I think) The mechanic just sprayed a bunch of starter fluid and wd-40 into the intake manifold while I turned the key. It took us like 3 hours but we finally got it. Now I am in the process of changing the cam seal, crank seal, timing belt w tensioner, water pump, valve cover gasket w grommets, ac belt, alternator w belt, spark plugs, wires, cap w rotor and can't forget the oil. Its a very nice little hatch. a little rust around the wheel wells as usual for Hondas but nothing major.